SIGNED ATH Luke Gifford

Back to this crap! Seriously? If the young man received an offer from Nebraska and this staff, it's because he is worthy of it! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

The low number of offers to instate kids the last few cycles should temper all talk of us giving offers to in state kids just cause they are in state. I thought we'd moved past this thinking. Congrats Mr. Gifford, hope you decide on :bigredn:

Hopefully doesn't turn into John Levorson 2.0

I was thinking he looked like a slightly bigger, but less athletic John Levorson. Really like the offer after watching film, and always love getting instate kids who deserve it. It seems that we are going after safeties that can really come up and fill in the run game, which I like.

Back to this crap! Seriously? If the young man received an offer from Nebraska and this staff, it's because he is worthy of it! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

The low number of offers to instate kids the last few cycles should temper all talk of us giving offers to in state kids just cause they are in state. I thought we'd moved past this thinking. Congrats Mr. Gifford, hope you decide on :bigredn:

I'm not saying who we offer isn't worthy of it, but some people seem to think every kid who is somewhat talented in the state SHOULD be offered and that just isn't the case, nor should it be.

• Fire 1

I'm not saying who we offer isn't worthy of it, but some people seem to think every kid who is somewhat talented in the state SHOULD be offered and that just isn't the case, nor should it be.

Why are we concerned about this? Gifford seems like a solid safety that can help with the run defense, and, obviously, Bo and staff find him worth a schollie. That should end the argument right there.

Luke should stay on defense. Early thoughts are as a safety, guy the staff wants to see how his body continues to grow. Potentially may grow into a MIKE or SAM.

Saw him a couple off times last fall, and the kid gets to the ball in a hurry and will pop the hell out of ya. Great on reading and dissecting plays. Corner is not for him. Gerry is a decent comparison sans the speed, but as I said more physical.

Figured this offer was going to happen sooner than later. What intrigues me is how clay Fisher is being looked at. Definitely should be offered. Best looking prospect out of the Fisher clan, and hands down the fastest.

Side note with Gifford, has said being "a Josh Banderas for this class"(as an instate ring leader for the recruits) is very tempting

LMAO CN Red. Reread the first line of what I said. I think you will find that I said In State Kids worthy of an offer. I do not think that every good ball players deserves an offer, but it does not look good when we miss on local talent because we don't offer. JMO. But, yes Gifford definately deserves an offer glad he has the option to follow his dream.

Based on his UVs to N, he went to the Arkansas St, Idaho St, Michigan, and Minnesota games last year. Definitely a big fan of :bigredn:

He's a high school kid in Lincoln... :D

I'm just playing with you. Paulie, ADS, I know you guys have watched the football down in the Lincoln area with Banderas and Foster. Ever seen this kid play? Opinions?

Outside of Foster, he's probably the second best prospect in the state. Like him better than Phillips, worthy of an offer for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing him at WR, and maybe getting him up around 210-215

I've watched him play a few times. Nothing overly impressive, but he does have a nose for the ball. He is always in position and making a play on the ball, which is encouraging.

Based on his UVs to N, he went to the Arkansas St, Idaho St, Michigan, and Minnesota games last year. Definitely a big fan of :bigredn:

He's a high school kid in Lincoln... :D

I'm just playing with you. Paulie, ADS, I know you guys have watched the football down in the Lincoln area with Banderas and Foster. Ever seen this kid play? Opinions?

Outside of Foster, he's probably the second best prospect in the state. Like him better than Phillips, worthy of an offer for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing him at WR, and maybe getting him up around 210-215

I've watched him play a few times. Nothing overly impressive, but he does have a nose for the ball. He is always in position and making a play on the ball, which is encouraging.

I would say that is impressive.