Wild Animal Attacks

This story about a worker getting mauled by a captive lion sounds familiar.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/us/california-lion-attack/index.html?hpt=us_c1

I thought there was a similar story last year in Africa but I couldn't find it. Same deal, someone that became enamored with the animals, took a job at a sanctuary, became too friendly with them, put themselves in a dangerous situation and became lunch. I actually started laughing watching a show about sharks. The guy was convinced that sharks wouldn't attack humans and demonstrated it by standing in waist deep water infested by sharks. Of course sharks being sharks, one took a big chunk of his calf off.

What I think is funny in an odd sense (mostly) is that animal lovers like this are totally opposite from hunters. One respects the fact that they are wild animals capable of killing them and the other forgets or ceases to believe it. One would consider killing the animal whereas the other is more likely to be killed by the animal.

http://www.tetongrav...Bears-in-Katmai

This links to a story of a animal activist who thought it a good idea to live with the bears in Alaska. The bears ate him and his companion. Should have listened in school when they were teaching the concept of the food chain.

There are some disturbing elements to this story common to other stories of animal lovers getting killed. First, the animals that attack are usually killed. Either the animal is euthenized later or killed in the process of trying to save the victim. This really annoys me since sometimes the reason for killing the animal is because they "now have a taste for humans". This is BS, humans have always been on their menu. It's just they've never encountered a human stupid enough to be prey. Like the story mentions, no fatal attacks had happened in 15 years. I'm considering creating the Society to Protect Animals from Animal Lovers. Second, the animal lovers are putting themselves in close contact with dangerous animals. From the story, the guy knew how dangerous bears are so what is it that makes them think they are safe being close to them? Do they think they've developed some kind of friendship with these animals, therefore they won't attack? Their delusion is dangerous for all concerned. In this case their delusion was contagious and someone else was killed.