Article on Doc Sadler on KU's bench - Year 1

This nice article on Doc was in our local paper today. It will be interesting to see if/when/where Doc goes to coach another program.

After lean years in Lincoln, Sadler savoring success at KU

By Austin Meek

THE CAPITAL-JOURNAL

LAWRENCE — Sadler is best known as the Big 12’s favorite underdog, the coach who spent six years pushing the boulder uphill and trying to get Nebraska into the NCAA Tournament. It will seem perfectly natural to see him on a bench at Sprint Center for the Big 12 Tournament, even if he’s running with a different crowd these days. “Nebraska’s a great place, but you’re talking about a whole different deal here when it comes to basketball,” said Sadler, the first-year operations director at Kansas.

http://cjonline.com/...ring-success-ku

Doc is a bum who pushed NU even further down then Collier did. He made millions and put a DII roster together at a major conference university.

Tell us how you really feel.

Doc's a class act. Not the best basketball coach. It's ok to wish the guy the best even though it didnt work out for him here. Bum? Probably not. He probably worked harder at bein a coach in one day than youve worked in your whole life. Youre right on most of your statement. The bum part pissed me off.

Doc is a bum who pushed NU even further down then Collier did. He made millions and put a DII roster together at a major conference university.

I wonder what kinda of a father you are? Docs failure at NU weren't from a lack of hard work, dedication and love for the university. His problem was an inability to get better talent here. So he tried something different. It didn't work. He was let go, Move on. No need to attack the man. The fact that you consider his roster DII talent actually contradicts your thoughts on how good of a coach he is. There's a way to be a person! Just sayin.

Tell us how you really feel.

Doc's a class act. Not the best basketball coach. It's ok to wish the guy the best even though it didnt work out for him here. Bum? Probably not. He probably worked harder at bein a coach in one day than youve worked in your whole life. Youre right on most of your statement. The bum part pissed me off.

You actually know nothing about my life for starters and that has absolutely nothing to do with Doc making millions and burying this program to depths it hasn't seen. We had one heckuva leaky vessel when he came in and put the finishing blows on sinking the ship.

Is Doc a nice guy? Yeah he is a nice guy. However he is not a good basketball coach. Look at all the local talent playing elsewhere under Docs watch. Gesell should be N. if Miles was recruiting him for the last two years I have no doubt he would be.

Miles has signed the best recruiting class we have seen in a very long time. Tai Webster is one of the most highly regarded guards around. This was all accomplished in less than a year.

When I say Doc is a bum I am referring to his ability to run a division 1 basketball program. Nothing personal.

HE 'S NOT A f'ing BUM HEADLEY. Find better words. Good coach or not, he does not deserve to be called a bum.

. Folks were in here wishing Doc the best. "Sorry it didnt work out and we've both moved on" type of thing. Then you swoop in 'oldschool Hedley style and label him a bum. -.

And hopefully no one caught my first version before I edited it. I thought I was in the 'shed, and it wasnt pretty. :lol:

Hedley--listen to Accountability, dude. You have a valid point, but the moment you turned it into a personal attack against Doc Saddler instead of an opinion on his final product at DoNU, you lost all credibility and made yourself out to be petty.

Sometimes you have to separate the person from the job they do (or don't do, in this case). Few people in life are wholly represented by the work they accomplish for pay.

And hopefully no one caught my first version before I edited it. I though I was in the 'shed, and it wasnt pretty. :lol:

:devil

You guys need to chillax. Nothing I said was a personal attack against Doc. In regards to his coaching tenure at NU he could easily be called a Bum

No. You cant. That's not what he was. He was not even remotely close to being a bum. Imcompetent? Maybe. Yes, probably. But not bum.

What the hell is chillax?

You guys need to chillax. Nothing I said was a personal attack against Doc. In regards to his coaching tenure at NU he could easily be called a Bum

No. You cant. That's not what he was. He was not even remotely close to being a bum. Imcompetent? Maybe. Yes, probably. But not bum.

Bum

1. A tramp; a vagrant.

2. A lazy or shiftless person, especially one who seeks to live solely by the support of others.

3. An incompetent, insignificant, or obnoxious person: The batter called the pitcher a bum.

4. One who is devoted to a particular activity or milieu: a beach bum.

Number 3 may be of interest to you....

It is a chilled exlax:

bth_exlax.jpgServed Cold!