WR Juco Wallace Franklin

Player: Wallace Franklin

Hometown: Ozen, TX

Position: WR

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 175

40 time: 4.39

Visit Date: December 9, 2006

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas St.

Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: JC/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Committed to Nebraska out of high school, but grade issues caused him to detour to Butler Co. Comm. College in Kansas. As a freshman he had 13 receptions for 272 yards with three touchdowns, including a long of 76 yards.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 0% I’m not sure of the scholarship situation at Nebraska, I would imagine NU is seeing if he will qualify. John Blake is the primary recruiter.

As I said before, don't be surprised when he doesn't come to NU.

Alot of people are not even sure if he still has an offer on the table.

The coaches at Butler are not even impressed with Franklin. He supposedly came into Butler last year out of playing shape and didn't really work to improve at all.

Has offers from K-State and Kansas but not from Nebraska. He still wants to visit but I don't think he will sign here. Would it be a suprise if he turned into a great player at another school other then Nebraska or should Nebraska try to give him another chance? Rivals list him as a three-star recruit and that he is 6'3 and runs the forty in 4.4 seconds.

I think that Wallace missed his chance coming out of high school. I don't think there is a need for the Huskers to bring him in anymore.

:yeah Yeah, we are so deep in receivers we can be very very choosy who we take at WR. I don't know how many WR's we are taking in this class but I'd much rather have Kenny O'Neal than Wallace.

Jeremy Crabtree said a couple weeks ago that NU lost interest in Franklin.

doesnt sound like it. He says he will probably commit on his visit. Says "Nu coaches want me to come in and have someone that can stretch the field"

Would he get a scholly? I hope not. I would take him if he walked on, but I think we should save the schollies for other needs.

we talk all of the time about players keeping their word when they commit to a school and on and on and on. now it is our time to honor a commitment that we gave this kid.

Well technically he broke the engagement the first time when he signed on the dotted line but failed to meet the requirements of attending Nebraska. He should feel honored that we offered him again this year, but I think it would be in Nebraska's best interest to fill another position rather than bringing in a JUCO reciever.

I have been reading around..... This guy was in for the weekend and he might be another possible commit.

I have read reports that maybe up to 4 guys have committed from the weekend. Also, I have seen he has shaved his 40 time some, it is now closer to 4.2 than a 4.4.... Take this info worth a grain of salt though, you know how people get.

That leaves Amie as the visitor from the weekend that hasn't committed if the franklin rumor is true. And Amie said he wouldn't commit on the visit no matter how much he wanted to, he wants to weigh things out a little bit...

*disclaimer- All this info was gathered from free sources...

Even though Franklin gave a verbal commit to Nebraska he still hasn't met Nebraska’s academic requirements so it is likely we will know if he will be part of this years' class in January.

What the heck has he been doing the last two years. Wasn't that the reason he went the JUCO route. He should have his grades in order by now.

I hope he is close to qualifying. I wouldn't think the coaching staff would waste their time with him if he wasn't. But what do I know.

I see the OWH lists him as weighing over 200. I do like his size. I would rather have someone with size and speed vs. that short speedy kid OU received a commitment from, unless he's maybe the next Johnny Rodgers.

I see the OWH lists him as weighing over 200. I do like his size. I would rather have someone with size and speed vs. that short speedy kid OU received a commitment from, unless he's maybe the next Johnny Rodgers.

How big is this guy, really? The world herald, 2 days ago had him at 6'3", 170 lbs. I have also seen 6'3", 210 lbs. Which is it?

How big is this guy, really? The world herald, 2 days ago had him at 6'3", 170 lbs. I have also seen 6'3", 210 lbs. Which is it?

The roster at Butler has him at 6-3, 170

Wallace Franklin wont be joining this years class due to grades. In my opinion I am kinda glad to see this, we have a ton of receivers and some very good young ones coming up. The last thing we need is a average junior receiver taking up a spot who we could have given to Patin, Amie, or Peters. Now we might have room for two more of those. Im personally pulling for Amie and Patin but all three would be great. A threat at tight end would do wonders to this offense. Its just nobody sees it bc we dont have one right now. We need a quality inside linebacker for this class with two outside linebackers already on board. We have something like 10 d-line commits already and three of them are d-ends, sounds like crick blew it up at the all star game, i think Yancy will be a good one, and Grant may be the same mold as Barry Turner. But if Peters wants to come here that would be fantastic.

I feel bad for Wallace that he could not make the grades to become a Husker. But at the same time, the team might be better off by giving his scholarship to someone else. Whether that is a high schooler this year, or someone already on the team.

turns out ole wally committed to ISwho now... I don't get how that could happen because everyone i know that goes there brags about how much better of a school and how much better the education is there than here, whatever...i wasn't really that impressed with him... :bonez

if he couldnt qualify for NU this year, how did he qualify for ISU?

He hasn't, yet. ISU is in a crunch they need warm bodies so they will take a chance on a guy that might or might not qualify. Nebraska is not hurting that bad and can pick and choose. If you do not look like you are going to qualify then we will look elsewhere.

I don't know how close Davis and Washington are, but they are closer than Franklin.

I read earlier in the year that Washington had the ACT and grade combination that he needed to get in. However, if his gpa drops a tenth then his ACT is not high enough. I don't know Davis' situation but it seems to be a small concern.

In the end I think Franklin has trouble qualifying and quite frankly we have better things to worry about than getting a JuCo receiver qualified. It might take him until August to qualify and by that time Curenski Gilleylen will have already been studying and will prove more useful than Franklin's two years of eligibility.

if he couldnt qualify for NU this year, how did he qualify for ISU?

He hasn't, yet. ISU is in a crunch they need warm bodies so they will take a chance on a guy that might or might not qualify.

Exactly.