WR Juco Wallace Franklin

Well technically he broke the engagement the first time when he signed on the dotted line but failed to meet the requirements of attending Nebraska. He should feel honored that we offered him again this year, but I think it would be in Nebraska's best interest to fill another position rather than bringing in a JUCO reciever.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading around..... This guy was in for the weekend and he might be another possible commit.

I have read reports that maybe up to 4 guys have committed from the weekend. Also, I have seen he has shaved his 40 time some, it is now closer to 4.2 than a 4.4.... Take this info worth a grain of salt though, you know how people get.

That leaves Amie as the visitor from the weekend that hasn't committed if the franklin rumor is true. And Amie said he wouldn't commit on the visit no matter how much he wanted to, he wants to weigh things out a little bit...

*disclaimer- All this info was gathered from free sources...

Even though Franklin gave a verbal commit to Nebraska he still hasn't met Nebraska’s academic requirements so it is likely we will know if he will be part of this years' class in January.

What the heck has he been doing the last two years. Wasn't that the reason he went the JUCO route. He should have his grades in order by now.

I hope he is close to qualifying. I wouldn't think the coaching staff would waste their time with him if he wasn't. But what do I know.

I see the OWH lists him as weighing over 200. I do like his size. I would rather have someone with size and speed vs. that short speedy kid OU received a commitment from, unless he's maybe the next Johnny Rodgers.

I see the OWH lists him as weighing over 200. I do like his size. I would rather have someone with size and speed vs. that short speedy kid OU received a commitment from, unless he's maybe the next Johnny Rodgers.

How big is this guy, really? The world herald, 2 days ago had him at 6'3", 170 lbs. I have also seen 6'3", 210 lbs. Which is it?

How big is this guy, really? The world herald, 2 days ago had him at 6'3", 170 lbs. I have also seen 6'3", 210 lbs. Which is it?

The roster at Butler has him at 6-3, 170