WR Juco Wallace Franklin

• 3 weeks later...

Wallace Franklin wont be joining this years class due to grades. In my opinion I am kinda glad to see this, we have a ton of receivers and some very good young ones coming up. The last thing we need is a average junior receiver taking up a spot who we could have given to Patin, Amie, or Peters. Now we might have room for two more of those. Im personally pulling for Amie and Patin but all three would be great. A threat at tight end would do wonders to this offense. Its just nobody sees it bc we dont have one right now. We need a quality inside linebacker for this class with two outside linebackers already on board. We have something like 10 d-line commits already and three of them are d-ends, sounds like crick blew it up at the all star game, i think Yancy will be a good one, and Grant may be the same mold as Barry Turner. But if Peters wants to come here that would be fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

turns out ole wally committed to ISwho now... I don't get how that could happen because everyone i know that goes there brags about how much better of a school and how much better the education is there than here, whatever...i wasn't really that impressed with him... :bonez

if he couldnt qualify for NU this year, how did he qualify for ISU?

He hasn't, yet. ISU is in a crunch they need warm bodies so they will take a chance on a guy that might or might not qualify. Nebraska is not hurting that bad and can pick and choose. If you do not look like you are going to qualify then we will look elsewhere.

I don't know how close Davis and Washington are, but they are closer than Franklin.

I read earlier in the year that Washington had the ACT and grade combination that he needed to get in. However, if his gpa drops a tenth then his ACT is not high enough. I don't know Davis' situation but it seems to be a small concern.

In the end I think Franklin has trouble qualifying and quite frankly we have better things to worry about than getting a JuCo receiver qualified. It might take him until August to qualify and by that time Curenski Gilleylen will have already been studying and will prove more useful than Franklin's two years of eligibility.