Breakfast Burritos

00202CF.JPG

Brown sausage in a frying pan. I'm constantly breaking up the sausage to keep it from staying in big chunks using a spatula like this

oxo-nylon-slotted-spatula-turner.jpg

carton-of-large-eggs-6db50e.jpg

Add 10 - 15 large eggs. Mix them with sausage, breaking up the yolks. I usually let cook for 15-20 seconds and then stir/mix up so that the uncooked eggs are on the bottom. While cooking you can add some powdered red pepper for extra kick.

0002100063899_500X500.jpg

Add 8 - 16 oz of shredded cheese. Stir in until melted. I think I've used almost a full 16 oz of cheese but 8 oz is probably enough.

azteca-flour-tortillas-burrito-50659.jpg

Scoop into flour tortilla and roll into burrito. I believe the size I use (brand shown above) is about 10" diameter.

burrito.jpg

Makes about 8 burritios. I refrigerate and microwave one each morning. Seem to keep OK for 5-6 day.

• Fire 1

Where do you get the chorizo? I guess I haven't shopped for it before.

I get my chorizo at our Kroger store (Dillon's in Topeka) in the meat dept. It is tube wrapped in 1# logs and is always available in sausage but I've grown to like the beef better (less fat) and better tasting according to my guests when it is available. I used to buy it at Walmart and it was a little less cost, made from sausage, but it was way too greasy.

• 2 months later...

I make these every Sunday for breakfast during the week. Like D'Leon's, I used to put a steamed/baked/microwaved or sauteed potato in them, but after a while I just did cheese, breakfast sausage, egg and sauteed onion & poblano.

Takes maybe 30 minutes start-to-finish, and you have a decent, cheap breakfast for the week.

And I don't use velveeta. I can't afford velveeta anymore. That stuff isn't even cheese and it's nearly $6 a brick!

I make these every Sunday for breakfast during the week. Like D'Leon's, I used to put a steamed/baked/microwaved or sauteed potato in them, but after a while I just did cheese, breakfast sausage, egg and sauteed onion & poblano.

Takes maybe 30 minutes start-to-finish, and you have a decent, cheap breakfast for the week.

And I don't use velveeta. I can't afford velveeta anymore. That stuff isn't even cheese and it's nearly $6 a brick!

Huh?