DT Adam McLean [Maryland - Signed LOI]

Was interviewed on a radio show yesterday said 6 schools that stand out to him and Nebraska was not one of them

Just kind of curious...with the limited number of scholies available for 2015, how many DT's would we be looking at? I'm hoping we can pick up the Davis brothers which would fill at least one if not two DT spots.

I would say two would be the minimum and we seem to have a good shot at those two so that would be nice. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we go after a third - but I don't think we get McLean.

The Davis brother could project at DT or DE, so picking up McLean would give some options.

• 4 weeks later...

Heard someone say that his head coach was leaving his high school. Sucks because his coach was pushing for us big time. Loved our staff.

That could definitely complicate recruiting for our staff. It is good to have a coach who respects the program.

The former HC for Quince Orchard is now 30 min up the road at Urbana HS. Urbana has been a solid team, 2010 MD State Champs. I know some of the coaching staff, and it does not seem there are any stand-outs. Still, this could help Nebraska down the road with developing in-roads in other HS in the area given JP's relationship with Mencarini.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/dave-mencarini-leaves-quince-orchard-to-coach-urbana-football/2014/02/11/eea51772-9346-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

Side note, Urbana's wrestling team always has some true talent each year (excellent youth 'feeder' program in the area). Maybe we should take a look there first.

Almost forgot the reason I went to update McLean's thread.

@SWiltfong247: Blue- chip DL Adam McLean shows up to NLN Five Star Showcase in a #Florida #Gators shirt: http://t.co/CEHxs11bCM @LukeStampini

McLean is the Overall Lineman MVP this morning, winning most of his 1-on-1 and making it hard for OL to get hands on him with strong bursts off the whistle.

Says his best relationships are with Michigan State, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee. Wants to visit Ohio St and Texas A&M. Looking rough for us. Still, if the BRW visit is on the table, we are not out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...