The Devaney Center Renovation Project

Devaney.jpg

Sorry if I sound stupid here, but is this the Hendricks Center just renamed? I don't remember this building...

That's the indoor track, the building on the west-most side of the Devaney Center complex. The Hendrix Center can be seen in playa's pic to the extreme right, the glass in the background. You can see the south face of the track building in the first pic of my post after playa's, with the Hendrix Center on the right.

I thought they were going to make a new south entrance? So that it's all ground level, instead of walking up the concrete like the North side

So did I but It will still look nice. I wish they would re-side the top section of the building..just looks silly imo

I would imagine the entire outside will be reclad. They just don't have time to do it all before the season starts.

I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't remember the story. I thought the renovated arena is supposed to hold about 7,000 is that right? But I seem to remember talk of being able "expand" to around 10,000 if needed. Anyone else remember that or did I make that up? I see from knapp's pic that they've covered up at least some of the seats at the top on the ends. Are those seats still there that could be uncovered to "increase" seating capacity?

I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't remember the story. I thought the renovated arena is supposed to hold about 7,000 is that right? But I seem to remember talk of being able "expand" to around 10,000 if needed. Anyone else remember that or did I make that up? I see from knapp's pic that they've covered up at least some of the seats at the top on the ends. Are those seats still there that could be uncovered to "increase" seating capacity?

You're correct on all counts except the normal capacity is just over 8,000, roughly doubling the capacity of The Coliseum. I gotta say I was worried I would be disappointed given the excessive amount of hype regarding the new digs. Truth be told? It exceeded the hype. I can safely say its the best volleyball facility in the country by a sizable margin and most likely one of the best in the world. It's SPECTACULAR, and will be even better when all the finishing touches are complete including the grand enterance planned on the south side. The only downside from my point of view is that the sound system is atrocious. Absolutely horrible.