(2013) F Sai Tummala [Arizona State Commit]

I would almost rather not sign him and save that scholarship for next year. We will only have 1 then for next year if he signs (even with the possible "mystery transfer" brings it up to two) . Unless we can get a big man 6'8 or above for this one.

This guy has the athletic ability to out play someone who is 6'8" or 6'9", yet be quick enough to play a smaller player. This would also allow us to redshirt players, like some of the freshman, Parker or Vucetic. And he has 3 years of eligibility. It might hurt recruiting for next year, but by redshirting the right players, it equals out the classes for future classes.

• Fire 1

I would almost rather not sign him and save that scholarship for next year. We will only have 1 then for next year if he signs (even with the possible "mystery transfer" brings it up to two) . Unless we can get a big man 6'8 or above for this one.

This guy has the athletic ability to out play someone who is 6'8" or 6'9", yet be quick enough to play a smaller player. This would also allow us to redshirt players, like some of the freshman, Parker or Vucetic. And he has 3 years of eligibility. It might hurt recruiting for next year, but by redshirting the right players, it equals out the classes for future classes.

I like the idea of redshirting Parker and Vucetic. I think the Nebraska program has possible APR issues if more players transfer and don't do well, so they are probably encouraging kids to stay and develop here.

I'd like Vucetic to redshirt (rather have him leave unless he's serious about eating and weights) but I don't think a RS is a good idea for Benny. His best option is to put up shots like crazy all summer long. Sure a RS season would give him a chance to develop a better shot, but there's not much more he can work on. He's not going to grow 5 inches, he's not going to get a lot quicker, and 3 years I would hope we have good enough guard depth that a guy like Benny would have a hard time finding PT. His best shot is to work his ass off this summer and be a great contributor and fan favorite the next couple years.