I love the flavor of fatty grilled pork loins and rib ends. Also, nothing like the flavor of a greasy, fatty, grilled pork steak on occasion.

yes, pork is cheap, and beef is getting expensive. Been eating a lot of pork lately.

Not much of a chicken or bird guy. Beef is best. Pork #2.

Fish? it's a ceremonial thing.

For me:

Most eaten = chicken

most enjoyable to cook = BBQ pork (ribs or pulled pork)

If I want something really special = really good rib eye steak on the grill

meat I am starting to eat more and more of = fish, venison, wild turkey....other wild game. Had some really good elk steaks last night.

You should give wild boar a try sometime, it's not like regular pork. Way leaner, and alot more gamey if you like that.

For me:

Most eaten = chicken

meat I am starting to eat more and more of = fish, venison, wild turkey....other wild game. Had some really good elk steaks last night.

You should give wild boar a try sometime, it's not like regular pork. Way leaner, and alot more gamey if you like that.

I would love to go wild boar hunting. I have some friends who have done it and I've seen it on TV. It looks like a lot of fun.

For me:

Most eaten = chicken

I had major jet lag but one of the best meals I ever had was venison in Austria.

We raised chickens and hogs as well as beef. I was the head puller when it came time to butcher chickens. As they were flopping around I remember thinking how good their legs would taste fried. I've never had chicken that tasted so good. Love fried gizzards too! When I retire I want to raise my own and get away from the dissapointing grocery store chicken.

I love the flavor of fatty grilled pork loins and rib ends. Also, nothing like the flavor of a greasy, fatty, grilled pork steak on occasion.

yes, pork is cheap, and beef is getting expensive. Been eating a lot of pork lately.

Get that pork business out of here. Pigs are omnivores.

And fish is practically a vegetable.

Get that pork business out of here. Pigs are omnivores.

And fish is practically a vegetable.

I did not know pigs were omnivores. Huskerboard education at its finest.

Been on a real flat iron kick lately, probably the most tender steak I've ever had.

how do you do that exactly? It never turns out right for me. More of an open flame guy.

I'm thinking maybe you misunderstood his post. It's a cut of steak called a "flat iron". It isn't cooked on a flat iron.

Does it come from a particular part of the beef? The words are too small to read but I've never seen flat iron on one of these diagrams. Girlfriend brought some brisket from Austin business trip. Good stuff.

8158023_orig.jpg