Wife and I have been considering going vegie two days a week. Sombody put up some favorite recipees for us to try. Thanks.

T_O_B

I tried doing "Meatless Mondays" a while back. I think I made it two or three weeks. I was starving, irritable, and extremely tired on those days. I could see cutting back on your red meat and eating more fish, but cutting out meat altogether was awful.

Any change in diet will do that. I felt the same way when I stopped eating fast food and then again when I stopped consuming caffeine. It would go away if you stopped eating meat several days in a row (not that I'm suggesting that) or like someone else said, had eaten eggs or dairy that day.

Wife and I have been considering going vegie two days a week. Sombody put up some favorite recipees for us to try. Thanks.

T_O_B

I tried doing "Meatless Mondays" a while back. I think I made it two or three weeks. I was starving, irritable, and extremely tired on those days. I could see cutting back on your red meat and eating more fish, but cutting out meat altogether was awful.

Any change in diet will do that. I felt the same way when I stopped eating fast food and then again when I stopped consuming caffeine. It would go away if you stopped eating meat several days in a row (not that I'm suggesting that) or like someone else said, had eaten eggs or dairy that day.

That can work but the way I did it was I concentrated on portion control. For instance, if I were to cook steaks for the family, I used to make this huge juicy rib eye that I was completely stuffed after eating. Now??? I'll make one and split it between my wife and I and then load up on more and more vegies. You still get that great taste of the steak but you really don't need as much as what I was cooking before.

T_O_B

If you like chili I suggest making the same recipe but without hamburger. That's about the only suggestion I have because I'm kind of a freak. I'll eat a bag of frozen vegetables for a meal.

T_O_B

If you like chili I suggest making the same recipe but without hamburger. That's about the only suggestion I have because I'm kind of a freak. I'll eat a bag of frozen vegetables for a meal.

do you at least heat them up?

T_O_B

I knew someone would make that joke. No. I eat them in the summer instead of turning on the a/c.

T_O_B

I knew someone would make that joke. No. I eat them in the summer instead of turning on the a/c.

does it work?

All natural honey? What the hell is unnatural honey?

Unnatural honey is pasteurized honey. It destroys some of the nutrition and flavor.

Ah. So that's why store-bought honey tastes like sh#t.

I think you have to seek out the pasteurized crap. Honey needs nothing added. It is the only food known to man that NEVER spoils.

Back to the OP. Chuck eye steak was a real surprise when I first had them. They are awesome. They are cut between the ribeye and chuck roast. They are not always in the store. I check often, and buy them all up when they are. Trust me, if you like a great steak, try them. This is definitely a "don't judge a book by its cover" moment. They do not look overly impressive, but the flavor is most impressive!

T_O_B

Another one that I think would be good is broccoli penne. I made chicken broccoli penne with alfredo sauce and some cheese mixed in and it was pretty decent. I'm sure it would be just as good without the chicken since borccoli is pretty hearty itself.