Nebraska Wrestling

5 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

We picked up a couple of very good 2021 commits in the last couple weeks.   

Jagger Condomitti, who is ranked #51 overall in 2021 and will wrestle 141 or 149 for us.  

Lenny Pinto, who is ranked #8 overall in 2021 and will wrestle 174 for us.  

Condomitti beat the #1 overall wrestler for 2020 this year in the PA state finals and has also beat 2 other top 5 kids this summer.   He is just starting to hit his groove.  Pinto has also beat multiple top 10 kids this year.  

I watched a video of Pinto on Twitter. He is going to be a good get for us.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw a couple of local kids committed yesterday.  

Greiss from GINW going to the Naval Academy

Trumble from Millard South going to NC State.  

It's been a minute where three Nebraska kids are all going to high D1 schools (Burks committed to Okie Lite).

Interesting to see none of them going to Nebraska.  Especially with 197 opening up in a couple years although I haven't paid that close attention to recruiting to see who else is coming in.

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Saw a couple of local kids committed yesterday.  

Greiss from GINW going to the Naval Academy

Trumble from Millard South going to NC State.  

It's been a minute where three Nebraska kids are all going to high D1 schools (Burks committed to Okie Lite).

Interesting to see none of them going to Nebraska.  Especially with 197 opening up in a couple years although I haven't paid that close attention to recruiting to see who else is coming in.

They have Nathen Haas and Silas Allred coming in next year. They should fill 184 and 197.

• Plus1 3

On 11/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, Scratchtown said:

Husker wrestling is getting stronger. I gotta give it to Manning. I was upset with him after Green and Kokesh didn't even make finals, but I think this year, we could really make some noise at the national tournament.

Which i'll be going to this year, which is super exciting.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, Scratchtown said:

Husker wrestling is getting stronger. I gotta give it to Manning. I was upset with him after Green and Kokesh didn't even make finals, but I think this year, we could really make some noise at the national tournament.

Which i'll be going to this year, which is super exciting.

Team looks really interesting this year with 5 potential AAs plus I'm really excited to see how Robb and Thomsen stack up this year as starters.  At HWT are they going to go with Jensen or Lance?  I saw that Lance won their H2H at the Journeyman.

• Plus1 1
On 11/10/2019 at 5:52 PM, Stumpy1 said:

Venz got screwed today in the Journeyman Tourney today.  Lost 8-7 to Valencia in the finals which he should have been awarded a reversal at the end but wasn't. 

Red got smoked in the finals by Demas from OU. 

Demas is so good. Red doesn’t ever seem to wrestle his best till the lights are bright anyway. I expect Red to have a great season after January 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Scratchtown said:

Demas is so good. Red doesn’t ever seem to wrestle his best till the lights are bright anyway. I expect Red to have a great season after January 

Haha this is so accurate!  I have to fight to not put much weight into Red's individual results when he inevitably throws up a clunker or two against dudes he should beat.  Cliff Keen will be a good barometer here in a couple weeks.  Other than that, it seems like there isn't much point to sweating it until a big match/Big Tens.