Nebraska Wrestling

On 1/18/2020 at 10:06 PM, Stumpy1 said:

That went as expected. 

Yeah I can't say I'm entirely surprised by the score was hoping for maybe one more Husker W.  Overall, I think Nebraska can walk away with the perfect result from a dual like this which is that they wrestled pretty well as a team and they have some things to work on.  The only guy who I was a little disappointed in was Venz at 184.  It would've been interesting if White could've gotten an escape to make it 3-0 in the 2nd period but at the same time, Marinelli is a tough SOB and it would've been tough to get the W.

125--Nothing you can do, Lee is an animal

133--Overall pretty good.  Really nice job in the 3rd riding DeSanto and he came close to a turn.

141--Terrific job.  Red is a really bad matchup for Murin and Red outclassed him.  Excellent work.

149--Pretty straightforward.  4-1 Lugo..felt like 8-1.  Purrington with a game effort, Lugo just better.

157--Great match and Robb has a really bright future.  Needs to get to the next level to win matches against top 5 guys.  He'll get there.

165--Pretty much the exact Isaiah White match we always get when he wrestles a top 5 guy.  He looked like he gassed a bit.  Capable of beating anyone if he can get his leg attacks going.

174--Great match, razor close to getting a couple TDs.  If he gets the right draw away from Hall, he can make the finals.

184--Wrestled flat.  Will bounce back.

197--Terrific match, wrestled smart and didn't let Warner bully him physically.

285--Not too much you can do.  Cassioppi is a tough sonofagun.

• Plus1 1