Nebraska Wrestling

Don't have the time to do a full breakdown, but I'm assuming Nebraska does the opposite per usual and we get a good NCAA performance.  

Calling it now, I'd say top ten finish, one NCAA finalist (Schultz) and 5 AAs.

Strong AA leans:

Schultz

Labriola

Lovett 

Reasonable taeks:

1 of 3 will AA between

Red

Robb

Venz

Irrational confidence choice:

Lance

Wilson at least got drawn in against a guy he's beaten, I'd say he goes 2-2.

• Plus1 1

My favorite under the radar guys this week to watch are Parker Keckeisen from UNI and Steven Buchanan from Wyoming.  Keckeisen is a delight to watch, absolute pressure machine and a total beast.  I think he gets by Amine and makes the finals.  Buchanan is tougher than hell too.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

What's with the refs and the stall calls against us? Red loses on a BS stall call, and Schultz got hit with a stall warning after scoring and takedown.

Ugh, yeah that Red call was really curious.  It was a shame to see it end like that.  At the same time, I can't get too worked up on Red because he realistically probably should've been pinned last round so I suppose it evens out.  

That Schultz call was weird, didn't see much to it.  

Side note, some of these reviews are ridiculous.  That Clark/Eierman review took like 15 minutes, I was fully expecting the UNC guy to get screwed there.

Welp, all in all, about as good as you could've hoped if you're a Husker fan.  Would've been nice to get one more from Venz/Robb to the quarters but they both looked like they were beaten by better guys.

Time for the backside guys to make some hay.  For the quarters matchups, in likely of winning I'd probably go:

Schultz--he should be favored over Warner based on previous meetings

Lovett--With his ability to ride and funk, he's got more than a punchers chance against a really tough Wilson from NC State

Labriola--He lost to Starocci at Big Tens in SV last year, Mikey has a shot, still, it's tough to pick against the defending national champ who has looked good to boot

Lance--If Lance get somehow knock off Kerk from PSU, hey man, good on you haha.  Kerk has appeared to be a level above from their two previous matchups.

• Plus1 1