Nebraska Wrestling

125 - Moisey went 0-2 BBQ

141 - Red lost to Yianni in 2nd round and is in the wrestle backs

157 - Berger is in the quarters and will face Early (ODU)

165 - White is in the quarters and will face Joseph (PSU).   

174 - Labriola scored an upset and is in the quarters and will face Lewis (Mizz)

184 - Venz lost in the 2nd round and is in the wrestle backs

197 - Schultz lost in the 2nd round and is in the wrestle backs

285 - Jensen lost his 1st round match but won his 1st match in wrestle backs. 

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Was hoping for a little better from Moisey but his shoulder appears to be totally wrecked.  Definitely worthy of a tip of the cap for gutting it out.

Felt bad for him last night. He came back and had that match won. He could very well still be on the other side of the bracket if it wasn't for that bad shoulder.

• Plus1 2

Quick results from this morning so far...

Red looked absolutely dominant in cruising to a 12-4 MD over Willits (Ore St).  Has Storr of Michigan next who he beat 4-1 at Big Tens.

Berger looked solid in a 5-2 win over Early (ODU) and has locked up AA status!  Has Young (Iowa) next who knocked off Deakin.  Berger beat Young 3-1 SV at Big Tens.

White falls 3-1 SV to Joseph (PSU).  White just really didn't try much on offense.  White ends up taking a kinda half shot in OT and Joseph was able to crowd him a bit and hit his patented inside trip for the takedown.

Non NU result, Lewis (VT) with a huge upset over #1 seed Marinelli (Iowa).  Lewis had a couple awesome defensive stands when the Bull had him in deep trouble.

• Plus1 1

White loses in SV-1 to Joseph of PSU. White will compete in wrestlebacks in session IV.

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

White falls 3-1 SV to Joseph (PSU).  White just really didn't try much on offense.  White ends up taking a kinda half shot in OT and Joseph was able to crowd him a bit and hit his patented inside trip for the takedown.

Non NU result, Lewis (VT) with a huge upset over #1 seed Marinelli (Iowa).  Lewis had a couple awesome defensive stands when the Bull had him in deep trouble.

I hate Penn St. :)

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, MLB 51 said:

I knew finishing in the Top 10 in team points would be hard this year, but I thought we would do better than we are. Tough year.

Think we still have a shot at a top 10 performance. I like Red to get going on the backside. Toughest match is his next one against Storr. Berger should get #2. White has a very good chance to AA. Labriola just needs to wrestle to his ability and he should AA. Venz didnt help himself by losing last night and has a very tough draw to AA. Has to pull off a couple of upsets of Reenan and the loser of Zavatsky/Foster. Tough. Schultz needs a win here. Miklus next round is tough and then the #8 seed to AA. If Jensen gets past Hermida. Big IF he will most likely get Stoll who he has had success. Would love for all of these guys to AA. Ill give my AA's to Red, Berger, White, Labriola.