Nebraska Wrestling

Friday night session matchups...

Red has Murrin (Iowa) in the blood round.  They have not wrestled this year

Berger has Young (Iowa) in the semis, Berger leads the series 1-0, winning 3-1 SV at the NU/IA dual

White has Campbell (Ohio St) in the blood round.  White is 2-0 so far this year winning both by decision.

Labriola has Lydy (Purdue) in the blood round.  Labriola is 2-0 this year so far although one win was by MFF.  Mikey won 4-3 TB2 at Big Tens

Venz has Zavatasky (VT) in a rematch from the consi-semis from the NCAAs last year that Venz won 7-3.  Tough match for Venz although for whatever reason, Venz seems to really turn it on in the consi bracket at the NCAAs so I'm going to go with him to pull a seed based upset.

I'm trying not to totally drink the kool aid but I think NU wins all their matches in this round.  I'm least confident in Labriola for some odd reason but have no reason why.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Ugh...super gross in the Venz match.  Loses 5-4 to Zavatasky (VT).  Venz was up 4-2 and then he got taken down early in the 3rd and Zavatasky executed some high level funk to avoid giving up an escape or reversal and locked up the RT point in the process.

Labriola wins in UTB over Lydy (Purdue) to lock up AA status!!  Labriola was struggling like crazy to finish a couple deep shots but showed good defense to counter a late TD attempt.