Nebraska Wrestling

Having 2 non competitive weights at 125 and 133 really hurts them for dual purposes, especially when they don't have bonafied hammers in the lineup that are locks to get bonus points.  I was encouraged by Reno as a true frosh, he fought quite a bit.  It sadly appears that Thomsen isn't the guy at 133.  He probably needs to be at 125 but I'm not sure he can make the cut.  No Venz again and Labs seems to be really dragging.  Wouldn't be surprised to hear they are still fighting some sickness.

Lance was never going to not get bonused but I liked his effort against Gable.  Schultz is so boring to watch.  Just always trying to hang on.  He should've lost last night.

Bleh.

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Having 2 non competitive weights at 125 and 133 really hurts them for dual purposes, especially when they don't have bonafied hammers in the lineup that are locks to get bonus points.  I was encouraged by Reno as a true frosh, he fought quite a bit.  It sadly appears that Thomsen isn't the guy at 133.  He probably needs to be at 125 but I'm not sure he can make the cut.  No Venz again and Labs seems to be really dragging.  Wouldn't be surprised to hear they are still fighting some sickness.

Lance was never going to not get bonused but I liked his effort against Gable.  Schultz is so boring to watch.  Just always trying to hang on.  He should've lost last night.

Bleh.

Yeah, Schultz is confusing to me. He seems to prefer to try and out muscle his opponents.

• Plus1 2

Ee On 12/15/2021 at 3:40 PM, admo said:

So wrestling got hit with covid, dang.  I just read this..

Nebraska wrestling has canceled its upcoming dual against South Dakota State due to COVID-related illnesses with the Husker program.

The No. 8 team in the country will take the next couple weeks and return to action Jan. 7 against Purdue.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, MLB 51 said:

Labs looked a bit better tonight. He caught at the end, but picked up 2 on a reversal to win 7-5.

Do we know what we doing at 125 and 133 yet??

On 11/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, Xmas32 said:

Hmmm, potential shake up at 133 maybe?  Serrano pasted Thomsen 18-8 in the wrestlebacks.

Nice to see Robb hang tough with David Carr from ISU.  That drop to 165 has done wonders for him.

Do we know what we are doing at 125 and 133. Seems we have 5 options

Anyone know options and whays going on at 125 and 133

5 hours ago, HuskerNU09 said:

Do we know what we are doing at 125 and 133. Seems we have 5 options

Anyone know options and whays going on at 125 and 133

At 125, I think Reno is going to be the guy moving forward.  I can't remember where I read/heard it, but I think Cronin broke his hand and might be done.

At 133, Dryden is redshirting this year and Serrano looks to have beaten out Thomsen.  I think Thomsen is a classic 'tweener' and he probably can't quite make the cut to 125 anymore.  

I know Serrano and Reno were both super highly touted guys so I'm happy to see them get an opportunity.  I had outside hopes that Nebraska might be able to finish in the top 5 at the NCAAs but that seems like a really tall task now with Michigan adding a ton of firepower and a few other schools that seem to really be wrestling well.  Nebraska is lacking those really top end guys that the other top teams seem to possess.  

• Plus1 1