Nebraska Wrestling

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

At 125, I think Reno is going to be the guy moving forward.  I can't remember where I read/heard it, but I think Cronin broke his hand and might be done.

At 133, Dryden is redshirting this year and Serrano looks to have beaten out Thomsen.  I think Thomsen is a classic 'tweener' and he probably can't quite make the cut to 125 anymore.  

I know Serrano and Reno were both super highly touted guys so I'm happy to see them get an opportunity.  I had outside hopes that Nebraska might be able to finish in the top 5 at the NCAAs but that seems like a really tall task now with Michigan adding a ton of firepower and a few other schools that seem to really be wrestling well.  Nebraska is lacking those really top end guys that the other top teams seem to possess.  

I agree. I just dont see manning sticking with reno, not this year. I did hear liam broke his hand, he actually had that injury in the ncaas last year i believe. 

Is boo redshirting a for sure think or is he injuried? I noticed he wasnt even jv last weekend. 

I think Serrano is the real deal! In wrestled #8 guy toe to toe.  He also beat thompson 18-8. I think Serrano can quilfy at 133, wonder if he can make 125? If we could just get an answer at 125 wed be set to quailfy everyone

1 minute ago, HuskerNU09 said:

I agree. I just dont see manning sticking with reno, not this year. I did hear liam broke his hand, he actually had that injury in the ncaas last year i believe. 

Is boo redshirting a for sure think or is he injuried? I noticed he wasnt even jv last weekend. 

I think Serrano is the real deal! In wrestled #8 guy toe to toe.  He also beat thompson 18-8. I think Serrano can quilfy at 133, wonder if he can make 125? If we could just get an answer at 125 wed be set to quailfy everyone

Shoot even liam or thompson at 125 would help, i thinm manning has something up his sleeve with all these upperweights set and big 10 in lincoln

14 hours ago, HuskerNU09 said:

From what I saw on TheMat forums, the word seems to be that Dryden is redshirting this year.  I guess we'll find out soon enough if that is the case.  Serrano has looked pretty good so I think they should just ride with him the rest of the year to get some valuable experience.

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

From what I saw on TheMat forums, the word seems to be that Dryden is redshirting this year.  I guess we'll find out soon enough if that is the case.  Serrano has looked pretty good so I think they should just ride with him the rest of the year to get some valuable experience.

I think you are right and absolutely agree with Serrano being in the lineup, hes legit! I just see no way manning is going to stick with Reno at 125 the rest of the year. This lineup could produce 2 national champs! We need all the points we can get for the team race

3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

The matforum isnt very insightful on Nebraska wrestling, alot of nebraska trolls on there, too bad we dont have better coverage of our wrestling team and a bigger message board

26 minutes ago, HuskerNU09 said:

We need more coverage on our wrestling team! We have some potential national champs on the team and a deep lineup! Big 10s are in Lincoln hopefully its all red! Theres alot of wrestling teams in the big 10 that are well followed and covered. Nebraska needs to stepit up!

They've been underperforming thus far this year, hopefully the can step it up when it matters.  That being said, there is a thread for it under Other Husker Sports.  

2 hours ago, HuskerNU09 said:

I think you are right and absolutely agree with Serrano being in the lineup, hes legit! I just see no way manning is going to stick with Reno at 125 the rest of the year. This lineup could produce 2 national champs! We need all the points we can get for the team race

Two national champs would be pretty sweet.  I'm assuming you're thinking Schultz and either Labs or Lovett?  It would certainly be helpful for Schultz if Ferrari is less than 100% off his car crash.

5 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Two national champs would be pretty sweet.  I'm assuming you're thinking Schultz and either Labs or Lovett?  It would certainly be helpful for Schultz if Ferrari is less than 100% off his car crash.

I was thinking mikey and lovett, schultz for sure can make it as well! Then we have Robb, Redd, venz and lance alll with a chance to AA!

1 hour ago, HuskerNU09 said:

Not really underperforming. Covid ran throught the room and affected the lineup. This team has a real shot at winning a title! The wrestling forum is weak, almost all other big 10wrestling fans are much more involved. Lets support this team!

This team has zero shot at winning the title. They don't have a 125 lber. Haven't in years. Looks like they finally made the change at 133. Red is Red. He probably will AA. Lovett is the one who has progressed the most. He could make a run but YD at Cornell is incredible. Yes i know they went OT this year. 157 Robb started off great but has lost some recent matches. 165 probably wont qualify. Labriola is an auto AA. Venz is no better than 3 years ago. Schultz should AA. HWT will have to work his butt off to AA. Even with all of that. Iowa Penn State Michigan are all better than Nebraska. 

On a different note. Go to Big 10's!! I would go to just watch Lovett. Kid is fun and the face of the program for the next couple years. 

GBR 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

This team has zero shot at winning the title. They don't have a 125 lber. Haven't in years. Looks like they finally made the change at 133. Red is Red. He probably will AA. Lovett is the one who has progressed the most. He could make a run but YD at Cornell is incredible. Yes i know they went OT this year. 157 Robb started off great but has lost some recent matches. 165 probably wont qualify. Labriola is an auto AA. Venz is no better than 3 years ago. Schultz should AA. HWT will have to work his butt off to AA. Even with all of that. Iowa Penn State Michigan are all better than Nebraska. 

On a different note. Go to Big 10's!! I would go to just watch Lovett. Kid is fun and the face of the program for the next couple years. 

GBR 

Id have to is ageee. Something will be done at 125. Our new 133 pounder is a stud and will AA, we have two there. Lovett took yanni to the wire. Red will AA, peyton robb beat returning champ from Nc and wrestled Car to the wire! Wilson will qualify hopefully get a couple team points.  Mikey looks ready for a title run. Schultz top3. Venz AA and lance AA. Thats a title. Iowa only had a couple finialists and 1 champ and won it last year