Nebraska Wrestling

22 hours ago, cornturtleTOM said:

In 2 years I think incoming frosh Alan Koehler might be a one to watch at 125 lbs.  I expect Lauridsen to redshirt and battle for the 133 lb. weight the following year. 

Ethan Stiles is a two-time Illinois state champion and is currently ranked No. 6 at 160 pounds by Flowrestling.   He was first at Ironman this season.  Of all the incoming frosh I think he might have the best chance to skip a redshirt year.

Appreciate the info!  Here's hoping Nebraska is finally able to get some breakthroughs in terms of AAs in the lower weights.  

On paper, some potentially awesome matchups.  Unfortunately, I think we're going to see some guys held out robbing us of some great matches.  I don't think Labs is going to go for NU at 174 as he looked pretty gimpy against Ruth and there is really no incentive to roll him out there against a dangerous guy in Smith.  On the flip side, Romero and Hoffman for tOSU are both knicked up and I think they will send out backups although with it being Senior Night, perhaps that adjusts the calculus as both guys are Seniors IIRC.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

But Robb was not very aggressive.  More like he was trying not to lose instead of just win.  Labs had a tough draw & looked good!

Lol first time watching Robb?  His MO has always been trying to get the first TD and then hanging on.  He's essentially Lewan from UM with a mustache.

• Plus1 1

Nice work by the boys last night.  One dual left against ASU who has really fallen apart this year.  I was excited for that dual prior to the season started but they seem to be on the struggle bus harddddddddddddd.

Was bummed to not see Pinto/Saldano at 184.  There's a reason they were going to end with that match.

• Plus1 1