Nebraska Wrestling

22 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

Hardy. Ugggg!

He looked like he packed in after giving up that 6 point move.  I wonder about injury/sickness because he looked dead out there.

Really strong effort otherwise.  Pinto/Allred are gonna be absolute hammers.  I know Pinto can't touch Brooks and I worry a bit about his ability to grind out win after win at Big Tens and NCAAs but man outside of the top 3 at 184, I think Pinto can beat any of those guys.

Gosh NU has a giant black hole at 133.  I get McGee is a stud but that was not great.

• Plus1 1

On 2/20/2023 at 1:25 PM, Xmas32 said:

He looked like he packed in after giving up that 6 point move.  I wonder about injury/sickness because he looked dead out there.

Really strong effort otherwise.  Pinto/Allred are gonna be absolute hammers.  I know Pinto can't touch Brooks and I worry a bit about his ability to grind out win after win at Big Tens and NCAAs but man outside of the top 3 at 184, I think Pinto can beat any of those guys.

Gosh NU has a giant black hole at 133.  I get McGee is a stud but that was not great.

I do not see any immediate help next year at 125 or 133.  After a red shirt year Koehler may be the answer at 125 and Lauridsen at 133.  Maybe they can fill the gaps with a portal Senior or Grad.

I wonder if Burks would come home for his last 2 years. 

"Iowa Western's Jakason Burks was tagged with the ICCAC Wrestler of the Year honors after a vote at the North Central District Championship last Sunday. 

Burks won the 125 pound weight class for the second year in a row. The current No. 1 ranked wrestler in the division -- Burks will head into the National Championships next month as the favorite. A year ago, he was the national runner up. 

After spending his first season at Oklahoma State, the sophomore has had two great seasons at Iowa Western. This year alone, he is undefeated and has numerous wins over NCAA Division I wrestlers, including wins over wrestlers from Nebraska and Oklahoma"

3 hours ago, cornturtleTOM said:

I wonder if Burks would come home for his last 2 years. 

"Iowa Western's Jakason Burks was tagged with the ICCAC Wrestler of the Year honors after a vote at the North Central District Championship last Sunday. 

Burks won the 125 pound weight class for the second year in a row. The current No. 1 ranked wrestler in the division -- Burks will head into the National Championships next month as the favorite. A year ago, he was the national runner up. 

After spending his first season at Oklahoma State, the sophomore has had two great seasons at Iowa Western. This year alone, he is undefeated and has numerous wins over NCAA Division I wrestlers, including wins over wrestlers from Nebraska and Oklahoma"

That's an interesting thought for sure.  I kinda forgot about Burks after he left Okie State.  He was certainly dominate as a prep wrestler and it looks like that has carried over to the Juco level.