Nebraska Wrestling

Ugh, tough semis round which is to be expected. I didn't have high hopes for either Cronin or Hardy but I was surprised by how Woods just buzzsawed him at 141. Once I saw Woods get the 4 NF I figured it was just about curtains. I was not thrilled with how Robb wrested v. Haines. Haines only being a true freshman does not bode well for Robb if they are both at the same weight class next year. It looked like Haines made a ton of adjustments from BTNs and Robb really didn't. I need to rewatch that match.

Great work by Mikey at 174 to get by Lewis of VT. I hope he lets it all hang out against Starroci tomorrow and even if he comes up short, he walks off the mat with no regrets. Empty the clip as they say.

God I f*^*^* hate the way Warner wrestles. I don't hate the decision to go down in the 3p because Warner is tough on top but I hate the result. Damn. Allred deserved better.

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

I heard Hardy broke his ribs in the Woods match, that would explain a little bit about his performance in the consis. Robb was a split hair away from getting a TD against Franek and couldn't get it. 

If Ridge wrestles this year there is a reasonable case that could be made that Nebraska finishes in 4th place.

What a tremendous job by the Cornell guys. Vito's performance at 133 is something that is going to get talked about for a long time. He DESTROYED both Fix and RBY. That was incredible.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I heard Hardy broke his ribs in the Woods match, that would explain a little bit about his performance in the consis. Robb was a split hair away from getting a TD against Franek and couldn't get it. 

If Ridge wrestles this year there is a reasonable case that could be made that Nebraska finishes in 4th place.

What a tremendous job by the Cornell guys. Vito's performance at 133 is something that is going to get talked about for a long time. He DESTROYED both Fix and RBY. That was incredible.

Watching Vito take down RBY was one of the highlights of the tournament for me. Seeing Wood lose was awesome as well.

We have several weight classes to fill in the off season. Hope the transfer portal is kind to us. :)

• Plus1 1
On 3/19/2023 at 9:47 AM, MLB 51 said:

Watching Vito take down RBY was one of the highlights of the tournament for me. Seeing Wood lose was awesome as well.

We have several weight classes to fill in the off season. Hope the transfer portal is kind to us. :)

That 2nd takedown with the ankle pick was toooooo sweet!

• Plus1 1

Nebraska should be really fun to watch in the next couple of years

125- I think they have a lot of scholarship money here and should be able to find an AA. Maybe not next year but for the years after!! Between Van Dee, Koehler, and Lauridsen they have to find a solid 125. 

133- I would think this would have to be a portal addition. Dryden was disappointing, Burwick wasnt much better. 

141- This is Hardy's weight class for the next two years. The injury was unfortunate but he should be ranked in the top 4 when rankings come in for next year. 

149- Ridge Lovett. It hurt not watching him wrestle for N this year but it could really make the Huskers a contender for the next 2 years. I would imagine he is ranked #1 going into next season. 

157- I do not think Robb moves from this weight unless there is a hole at 165. Taylor actually looked really good in his limited time as a true freshmen. 

165- I don't know if Condomitti got hurt or lost his spot to Wilson. I am thinking an injury had something to do with it. He is one of Nebraska's top recruits and really needs to be the 165 lb moving forward. If he is not look for Robb or Taylor to move up. Also did see the Stanford guy will be wrestling somewhere else for his last year. 

174- It was nice having Labriola here for the last 4 years!! Unless Condimitti or Wilson go up I would have to guess this might be high on the transfer portal list. Brown Ton is the only returning 174 lb on the roster. 

184. Pinto is fun to watch. Hopefully he will understand that wrestling matches are 7 minutes long. He wore down way too fast in the final periods of matches. Showed a ton of ability as a freshmen and am excited to see him grow! 

197- Silas Allred. I see this guy winning a national title before he is done. Needs to be better on bottom so he doesn't have to depend on himself so much on his feet ( I think he does get out against Warner if he chooses down) Got better and better as the season went on. Unfortune he did not AA. 

285- I would assume its Harley Andrews. High ranked HWT coming out of HS. I did not see a match this year but I was told he needs to put on some weight!! 

I think this team gets top 4 next year and the following year is a chance at the National Title. Penn State and Iowa will always have something to say about that. If i left anyone out. Feel free to add them!! 

• Plus1 2

I have no idea what Pinto walks around at but I wonder if he can cut to 174 and then Nebraska fills 184 with a transfer. The ideal get would be a dude like Truax from Cal Poly who I think has one year left and you wonder if he wants to use his last year wrestling in a bigger name conference.

• Plus1 1