Nebraska Wrestling

18 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I have no idea what Pinto walks around at but I wonder if he can cut to 174 and then Nebraska fills 184 with a transfer. The ideal get would be a dude like Truax from Cal Poly who I think has one year left and you wonder if he wants to use his last year wrestling in a bigger name conference.

I thought Pinto and Labriola had nearly the same body style. Does it help if Pinto goes down? No idea. Truax is at 197 so I don't think he will be coming to Nebraska. 

36 minutes ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

I thought Pinto and Labriola had nearly the same body style. Does it help if Pinto goes down? No idea. Truax is at 197 so I don't think he will be coming to Nebraska. 

From what I read on Intermat, Truax walks around at 190 so I don't think a cut to 184 would be too out of sorts but yep, if he wants to stay at 197, NU will not be in the cards.

1 hour ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Interesting. I have no idea what Nebraska will do in the portal but I hope 133 is their main priority. 

Yep, agreed. Burwick doesn't seem to have made any measurable improvement since he first got to Wisconsin. His ceiling appears to be capped at NQ. Need to find someone else as unfortunately, I don't think Thomsen is going to magically find another level and it's still way too early to see what they have in Mills.

1 hour ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Interesting. I have no idea what Nebraska will do in the portal but I hope 133 is their main priority. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lauridsen isn't at 133 next year.  He wrestled 132 for part of the year before dropping down to 126.  

32 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lauridsen isn't at 133 next year.  He wrestled 132 for part of the year before dropping down to 126.  

That is certainly possible as well. I wouldn't be shocked to see him potentially get a handful of varsity matches while still keeping his RS. IIRC, you can compete up to 5 times throughout the year and still keep your RS as a freshman.

21 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Even if he is at 133.. I would have to guess he would be taking a RS. Like Xmas said he can wrestle up to 5 varsity matches and maintain his RS. They need to go hard in the portal. Cant waste the next two years with holes in the lineup like they had this year. 

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Even if he is at 133.. I would have to guess he would be taking a RS. Like Xmas said he can wrestle up to 5 varsity matches and maintain his RS. They need to go hard in the portal. Cant waste the next two years with holes in the lineup like they had this year. 

Yep, agreed. They've got a solid core of 5 guys to build around and I think 165 will sort itself out between the guys they have in-house. Here's hoping they can fill some holes.

14 hours ago, cornturtleTOM said:

"149- Ridge Lovett. It hurt not watching him wrestle for N this year but it could really make the Huskers a contender for the next 2 years. I would imagine he is ranked #1 going into next season.  "

My guess is if Sammy Sasso takes a Covid year he will be pre season #1

Yep, agreed there. I wouldn't be shocked to see Ridge start off behind Parco from ASU as well.