Nebraska Wrestling

I met Jacori Teemer last week while on vacation.  My son was wearing a Husker Wrestling shirt and he came up and introduced himself and mentioned that he wrestled Robb this year.  He had a good laugh when my son asked him to sign his Husker shirt which he did.    

• Plus1 3

On 4/26/2023 at 1:15 PM, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Article on flowrestling states Van Dee going to 133. Everything else is what we have discussed. No mention of Condimetti which is a little concerning. 

I can't remember where I read this (and honestly you might have been the person who mentioned it) but Condimetti apparently has had a nasty run of concussions which has affected his availability.

• 4 weeks later...

Several current Husker wrestlers and recruits are competing for a chance to wrestle in the World Freestyle Championships. This spring began the process. The winners this spring at the US Open will sit out the Challenge round and wrestle the winner of the Challenge round.

Current Husker A. Taylor won the Under 20 70kg Challenge round but lost his first 2 matches in the best 2 out of 3 in the Championship round. The wrestler he lost to is ranked as the #2 high school wrestler in the 2023 class and was a former Cadet World Champion.

Incoming recruit C. McDanel sat out the Under 20 97kg Challenge round since he won the U.S. Open. In the best 2 out of 3 he won the first two matches and will represent the United States at the World Championships. He will probably wrestle 197 lbs. at Nebraska and he and Silas Allred should have some good battles in the training room.

Current Husker H. Andrews finished 4th in the Under 20 125 kg. class. Incoming frosh E. Stiles finished 5th in the Under 20 70kg class.

A couple Huskers have reached the quarter finals in the Under 23 division. B. Hardy and K. Burwick

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.cornnation.com/2023/7/1/23779343/wrestling-huskers-snag-another-impact-transfer

Really interesting news here and a solid get out of the portal. Looks like Pentz is going to go HWT which will give Andrews some time to bulk up. Pentz is a pretty tough guy and has quite a few scalps on his wall.  He owns career wins over All-Americans Yonger Bastida, Ethan Laird, Jake Woodley, Stephen Buchanan and he stuck Eric Schultz infamously (for us) a couple years ago at NCAAs. If he can't beat out Andrews, he has a RS available.

As of right now, here's how I see the team stacking up:

125: Caleb Smith

133: Kyle Burwick or Jacob Van Dee

141: Brock Hardy

149: Ridge Lovett

157: Peyton Robb (Antrell Taylor until Robb is healthy)

165: Bubba Wilson

174: Elise Brown Ton

184: Lenny Pinto

197: Silas Allred

285: Owen Pentz

Pretty fun squad in all honesty.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took these from another forum, wrestle off notes from last week:

125 Caleb Smith 

133 Vandee over Burwick 5-2ish score

141 Hardy no contest

149 Lovett looked very sharp

157 Probb, looked healthy, great to see! Won 20-1

165 Match of the day Antrell Taylor beats Bubba Wilson in double OT

174 Brown ton over Thebeau

184 Lenny Pinto over van tassel

197 Allred, looking even better than last year.

Heavy weight no match, 

Rumor from the thread I read is that Pentz has gone back to ND and is no longer on the roster. Definitely a blow there. Big time YO result out of Taylor beating out Bubba Wilson. I'm assuming Taylor is wrestling up this year since he can't beat Robb at 157. Robb apparently looked very, very sharp which is just awesome to hear given the scary situation he went through.