LeBron/Kobe/MJ

You get 2 steps on a layup. You're taught that from the first time you dribble a basketball. Not sure where the confusion lies there.

You are right. Two steps.

When he picks up the ball, neither of his feet are on the ground, so when his first foot comes down (1 step), that establishes his pivot foot. Then he takes 2 (two steps) steps for the layup. Questionable, but not a travel by the rules.

You just proved mine and everyone else's point. He took three. You are allowed two. Not two in addition to your pivot foot. Two including your pivot foot. Two steps. Two. 2.

You are allowed two steps. One step to establish your pivot foot, and a second step with your non-pivot foot.

You keep describing a three-step process. You get two.

Look at the videos Mavric linked to see how what you are describing is a correct description of the event, but also an illegal maneuver. I've even hyperlinked it for you - straight from the NBA:

I find it amusing that the example they provide on the NBA site for this rule is Lebron. Hardy Har Har.

You get 2 steps on a layup. You're taught that from the first time you dribble a basketball. Not sure where the confusion lies there.

When he picks up the ball, neither of his feet are on the ground, so when his first foot comes down (1 step), that establishes his pivot foot. Then he takes 2 (two steps) steps for the layup. Questionable, but not a travel by the rules.

You just proved mine and everyone else's point. He took three. You are allowed two. Not two in addition to your pivot foot. Two including your pivot foot. Two steps. Two. 2.

You are allowed two steps. One step to establish your pivot foot, and a second step with your non-pivot foot.

Look at the videos Mavric linked to see how what you are describing is a correct description of the event, but also an illegal maneuver. I've even hyperlinked it for you - straight from the NBA:

I find it amusing that the example they provide on the NBA site for this rule is Lebron. Hardy Har Har.

And that he's doing the exact same thing he did in the first video that Husker Shark deemed to not be a travelling violation.

And that he's doing the exact same thing he did in the first video that Husker Shark deemed to not be a travelling violation.

Let's not open that can of worms again LOL

• 1 month later...