ATH Raymond Wingo [Missouri Commit]

Top Four - Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan St.

You forgot Tennessee and Nebraska. Said this today

Nebraska: Coach (Terry) Joseph came up and he’s one of the finest guys I’ve met. Just from the first second I met him, we’re close together. I know they have a strong tradition and a good defensive background.”

He also said his brother didn't like Arkansas and he has no ties there. Won't take visits or decide until after his senior season. Which I really like.

I took this to mean top four but perhaps he only mentioned four:

JC Shurburtt@jcshurburtt4h

@SWiltfong247: Top247 CB Raymond Wingo on his top schools: #Arkansas #Indiana #Iowa #MichiganState http://bit.ly/19AAIfS@OtisKirk247

From the article in the tweet:

"Wingo heads into the fall with a top six of Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Nebraska and Tennessee."

• 1 month later...

Taking things slow.

Wants to play in the SEC but doesn't want to be too far from home.

Not planning to announce until NSD.

Not good news for us. Hope we can change his mind between now and then.

This works in our favor though. When a recruits says he wants to play in a specific conference, not much you can do. Still, wins this season will help (kind of a cliche, but it always does).

Taking things slow.

Wants to play in the SEC but doesn't want to be too far from home.

Not planning to announce until NSD.

Not good news for us. Hope we can change his mind between now and then.

This works in our favor though. When a recruits says he wants to play in a specific conference, not much you can do. Still, wins this season will help (kind of a cliche, but it always does).

a good showing by the B1G against the $EC in the bowl games should help.

Kid should take a serious look at Mizzou. Can't get closer to home then this and look at how well Mizzou is doing. If it does come down to bowl games the B1G will get pounded by the $EC in my opinion.

Wow. Perhaps you should forward this information to our current commits from Missouri also.

And for what it's worth, the big bad SEC hardly "pounded" the Big Ten last bowl season. They won two out of three, with the two wins both highly competitive. So I don't know why we should expect them to pound is this year.

• 4 weeks later...
Lots of rumors of a commitment to mizzou last night, but I haven't seen any confirmations yet.

The story I am hearing from st. Louis is that he has tried to commit but wanted to still take visits. Missouri, whose class is almost full has told him they want him, but he has to be fully committed and no longer take visits for them to hold his spot. At this time I think it's more likely that someone else will take his place than it is that he will fully commit.