My Take on a Solid Weekend

EZ-E

Hey all,

So to give those an update that care, 10 AM on Friday, girl had a doctors appointment. She has been doing a ton better, but the doctor said with her current levels of anxiety leaving town for a weekend without a proper to the T eating schedule would not be the best idea. Was really disappointed and didn't even wanna go up. But she didn't let me stay so I got to Lincoln around 245.

I stopped into Jake's for a few whiskey drinks and it was there that I ran into a man named Aaron Davis. Aaron played on the 94 team and now owns a very successful consulting firm and is a motivational speaker. Aaron and I spoke for right around 2 hours.

What sparked our conversation was someone complaining about TMart. I just kinda casually leaned over and said there wasn't anything wrong with our QB. We then both agreed if he cuts the turnovers down, he will be in the Heisman talk.

Aaron has played golf multiple times with Coach Pelini and he says that the former players like him a lot. What they are most impressed with is Bo personally reaching out to them and inviting them to practice. With the family atmosphere Bo has created, there isn't anyone who isn't welcome. The former guys are very impressed with how Bo conducts his practices. Aaron said it isn't quite like the 90s, but he said the reason for that is we don't have unlimited scholarships anymore. He is impressed with the walk-on program once again and said this has helped take some of those disadvantages away. What Bo currently doesn't like about NU and really the only thing is how he is constantly in the fishbowl. He understands it, but that doesn't make him like it any more.

He cringes when you talk about Steve Pederson. He got so visibly upset he wouldn't elaborate very far. I was able to take a few things away however. He said even Coach Osborne wasn't welcome back during that time. There was an instance that he spoke somewhere and Pederson was there. Steve said some things to him that Aaron wouldn't tell me. He was so mad that he cancelled his season tickets. This was one year before he was fired. Coach Osborne called him on the phone later that week and apologized to him. All Coach Osborne said after that was "these things tend to work themselves out." Osborne knew what was going on.

HuskerBoard guys!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously would have stayed at Brewskys all night long and talked Husker football with you guys. Really enjoyed every single one of you.

TruetotheRed - great to hear about your kid being cancer free. Really hope it stays that way and I don't want you to be afraid to share it with the board.

Bye bye Big 12 - I tried not to laugh too hard at Paul ripping on you. Even though it was funny.

HuskerAddict - your username says it all. You are one of the dudes a lot like me that seems to have the answer for every trivia question they ask.

GM_Tood - funny dude. Thank you for listening to my tipsy rambling that I hope made sense.

Eric the Red - Coach JP. Funny ass stories about your gold chain and turtle necks. I believe we had a conversation about what our favorite part of the female anatomy is.

QMany - you are a CB guy at heart!!! How was Fiddlin' Saturday night?! Need to do an Omaha one of these then we can get a HuskerBoard bar hop going on the 100 block!!!! Pardon my manners as well, I dont remember thanking you for the beers.

Paul Crewe - what is there today about you???? I remember one of our first phone conversations in which you stated we are like long lost cousins, and it turns out we legitamently could be!!!!!!!

Knapplc - you have given me very solid advice throughout the past few weeks. I can't say enough good things about you or Crewecfor reaching out to me.

Accountability - I wish you could have cut it back a little bit Moreland had a few more!! I understood with the wife and kids why you didn't though!!!!

HotGrillOnGrillAction - your presence was felt, but just like the board, you hardly through your two cents in!!!! Come on dude!!! :)

LandLord - I promise, I'll have the rent next time I see you. :)

AK-47 - more posting. Ryan Dempster :)

I seriously would have sat and drank with you guys all day long and talked football.

The Game

A few take always

1) "Swimming in it" perfectly discribes Tommy Armstrong. He's got a long ways to go. He's got a ton of potential, but a lot of work to do. Johnny Stanton I do believe will give him all he can handle.

2) WR is our best position on either side of the ball

3) We have a lot of bodies on the DL. Not quality ones, but a lot of guys. Was really hoping to see VV and a few others.

4) We are very athletic at LB. CL I think might actually be just as developed physically as Will Compton was.

5) Worried about OT

6) We are monstrous at guard.

7) JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really wish we could go tailgating every weekend!!!!!

Is it September yet???????

• Fire 7

It seems like the only people that have a problem with Pelini are the fans, and they have very little say in the program. Just from that little bit, the only ways Pelini is going to leave Nebraska is if he can't stand the fishbowl and gets the right job offer at the same time, he has a couple of years of sub par performances, or there is a scandal on par to what happened at OSU.

I find it very hard to believe that we could find a better fit than Pelini at Nebraska. Sure we might be able to find someone who might be more successful in wins and losses right away, but it would be hard to downright impossible to find someone who gets Nebraska like he does.

• Fire 1

It seems like the only people that have a problem with Pelini are the fans, and they have very little say in the program. Just from that little bit, the only ways Pelini is going to leave Nebraska is if he can't stand the fishbowl and gets the right job offer at the same time, he has a couple of years of sub par performances, or there is a scandal on par to what happened at OSU.

I find it very hard to believe that we could find a better fit than Pelini at Nebraska. Sure we might be able to find someone who might be more successful in wins and losses right away, but it would be hard to downright impossible to find someone who gets Nebraska like he does.

You mean SOME fans. I adore Bo and think he is/was a perfect fit for our program at such a needy time in 2007, and still so to this day. And, most people I interact with think the same thing. The other side is the minority.

Bo has gone off on tangent in pressers on two occasions that I know of about how special it is here. One was just this passed signing day. The other? I'm not sure, but think it was prior to the Ohio St game '12 edition. He explains how he's coached at numerous NFL and college locations and that there really is no place like Nebraska and how this program and fanbase are so reliant upon intangible attributes that are simply irrelevant at every other program. We rely so much upon tradition and values and doing the right thing and walk-ons and mentality. That house was torn to shreds it what is now known as the dark years (2004-2007).

I truly believe that Bo has spent so much time trying to reestablish the "special" aspects of our program-guided by TO of course-that it has taken away from some of the on-field executions. I think he couldve had a little more of success early on but that it may have been a house of cards without the stuff that's really important to this state and the program. There's too many of them, and theyre just inexplainable. But this is all but the only thing this state has had to lean on for decades. NO ONE else in the country knows what that is like. I think Bo got a serious taste of that in '03, and he is fully aware of what it takes to make this machine go. He knows you cant put the buggy in front of the horse here.

He really is promoting the family atmosphere to the fullest extent, and it's obvious that he genuinely believes in it. Hell, son gets to go to Duke/UNC and daughter gets to do the spring game tunnel walk and hang out on the field.

• Fire 5

You mean SOME fans. I adore Bo and think he is/was a perfect fit for our program at such a needy time in 2007, and still so to this day. And, most people I interact with think the same thing. The other side is the minority.

Bo has gone off on tangent in pressers on two occasions that I know of about how special it is here. One was just this passed signing day. The other? I'm not sure, but think it was prior to the Ohio St game '12 edition. He explains how he's coached at numerous NFL and college locations and that there really is no place like Nebraska and how this program and fanbase are so reliant upon intangible attributes that are simply irrelevant at every other program. We rely so much upon tradition and values and doing the right thing and walk-ons and mentality. That house was torn to shreds it what is now known as the dark years (2004-2007).

I truly believe that Bo has spent so much time trying to reestablish the "special" aspects of our program-guided by TO of course-that it has taken away from some of the on-field executions. I think he couldve had a little more of success early on but that it may have been a house of cards without the stuff that's really important to this state and the program. There's too many of them, and theyre just inexplainable. But this is all but the only thing this state has had to lean on for decades. NO ONE else in the country knows what that is like. I think Bo got a serious taste of that in '03, and he is fully aware of what it takes to make this machine go. He knows you cant put the buggy in front of the horse here.

He really is promoting the family atmosphere to the fullest extent, and it's obvious that he genuinely believes in it. Hell, son gets to go to Duke/UNC and daughter gets to do the spring game tunnel walk and hang out on the field.

Yeah I meant to say a vocal minority of fans, and they have no say on what Eichorst does with the coaching staff.

I know I am going to probably repeat a few things that have been said, but here is my take as well.

Side note before I begin, it was really irritating hearing how our defense was no better than last, off the analysis of a SPRING GAME. All our projected starters were split between two teams. I told a couple of my friends, to not look the team as a whole, but the Spring Game (to me), is an analysis of individual talent and discipline.

My two favote LB's, who could do great things, for us, Zaire Anderson and Trevor Roach.

Armstong looked good, but two fumbles didn't look good for him. Still needs to grow and limit mistakes, but he can be a quality QB for us. Definitely has an arm and accuracy. Just needs a lot of work.

RKIII, this kids arm still amazes me. Definitely glad to have him on our team, and with his ability to throw and how he uses his TE's, he gets a +1 in my book.

Only the season will tell, but our TE's looked solid. It was spring game, so we aren't going to see Blitz's much, but these guys can catch.

Bondi's leg is pretty solid. Needs to improve on some things, but I feel better, now seeing his leg strength.

Still worried on who is going to be our Punter. Its early, but no one besides Bondi looked solid.

Wish we would have seen Vincent Valentine.

Our Returners looked like a step in the right direction with being able to catch the ball.

Alonzo Moore and Westerkamp were better than I expected.

King Frazier looks better than I thought.

I am feeling better with Cooper and Jackson at Safety, than I originally was.

I know I am missing things, but it was just a good solid practice. Mistakes, but its only spring and we still have things to work on. One thing I do know, this offense is going to be dangerous.