Assist. Coach Johnson to Minnesota

There are numberous reports that Assistant Coach Ben Johnson is leaving to take the same position at Minnesota. He is a Minnesota native.

Provided this holds up, who do you suppose Miles will get to replace?

Do we try and get Chin Coleman back? (As that is one of the reasons he left, he wanted to coach)

Does Eric Strickland get his chance?

Anyone else? Who could we get (realistically)

Also, Johnson was the lead recruiter in Smith who has about a week before he can sign his LOI, should we be worried? I wouldn't think so as Minnesota has showed no interest in him thus far.

Probably too late in the process, but an earlier decision could have been an opportunity to pick up an assistant with an on-going instant connection to a big man. However, I'm guessing Miles is more of a big picture guy.

I am a little worried about how the Smith verbal hangs on, especially since it appears that Minny's recruiting class is jumping ship.

Not sure if one year experience is enough in Miles' eyes, but hopefully it is and he brings Chin back.

You think Chin would be interested in making a "lateral" move back...?

I think it's possible...

Miles is the guy who gave Chin his first real chance at getting into D1 coaching/recruiting. Chin also helped Miles get into the ears of some good AAU players out there from his AAU days

Not sure if one year experience is enough in Miles' eyes, but hopefully it is and he brings Chin back.

You think Chin would be interested in making a "lateral" move back...?

Hardly lateral from Bradley.

No, it's not from our perspective. But I wonder if the proximity to Chicago helps mitigate the difference between B1G and Valley from Chin's perspective....?