The FIghting Erstad's Vs. The Fighting Van Horn's

Fantastic play by the Huskers today! Hope that springboards them through the rest of the B1G schedule.

Great pitching. Good defense and scrappy offense.

Hats off to Dave Van Horne for playing Nebraska. I wish them good fortune the rest of the way. They'll need to tighten up that defense and get the bats going.

I totally agree with this... Thanks Coach Van Horne..... you will always have a place in the hearts of husker nation.

Listened to the first game, what a performance. Great to see Kubat come out and compete like that. It was also nice to see the bullpen come in and get the job done. At the plate it sounded as if they were fairly patient and made things happen.

The second game I was able to attend. What a scrappy battle, what we would expect from a Fighting Erstad club. THIS type of performance is what we expected this team to do this year. Be scrappy and compete. I'm extremely happy with what I heard and saw today. I really hope they learned from their woes vs Ohio State leaving guys on, hitting batters, and frankly not being competitive at times. This team needs to know that they cannot take a pitch or an inning off. They have to go out every play and act as if it's their last play.

After Kubat I was really happy with Pierce. I was hesitant at the start of the game to give him his due. I didn't expect his game to be on top. The D helped him out and he kept most pitches low. Bublitz looked good as well and I am thoroughly impressed with Roeder. I REALLY like this kid.

To me it seems that this program really needs to fill some gaps with JUCO guys until we can get recruiting and sustainability where it needs to be. I really hope we can get more guys to fill roles to get this program on the right track until recruiting can catch up. GBR!!

How was the BTN broadcast for the game? Got it on DVR, couldn't watch live because of some unexpected family problems.

And I see 95Huskers is still using possessive instead of plural...seriously, I'd expect this from a Texass fan, not a Nebraska fan... :lame

How was the BTN broadcast for the game? Got it on DVR, couldn't watch live because of some unexpected family problems.

And I see 95Huskers is still using possessive instead of plural...seriously, I'd expect this from a Texass fan, not a Nebraska fan... :lame

I thought it looked good on the BTN. I watched it in HD so it was even better. Hopefully I will catch the Purdue game on Friday as well.

Great sweep. Kubat is HUGE to have back.

That said, these games were a pretty big reminder that we're not even close to being an elite baseball team. I only saw the second game, but my buddy and I agreed that there were several routine plays Arkansas made in the field that would be singles in the Big Ten. Arkansas made a lot of noisy outs - hitting a TON of line drives that just were right to outfielders - where we'd weakly ground a lot to shortstop.

It's really not a surprise; we knew we weren't an SEC baseball team. But I think it shows a lot about the talent that we have, and that maybe a lot of people (myself included) should temper expectations for the next few years until we get some more talent.

I thought it looked good on the BTN. I watched it in HD so it was even better. Hopefully I will catch the Purdue game on Friday as well.

Thanks. Was it the same crew that called our extended game with Northwestern? I liked that crew--they seemed knowledgeable and cared about college baseball in the conference...which is more than I can say for Delaney...

Thanks. Was it the same crew that called our extended game with Northwestern? I liked that crew--they seemed knowledgeable and cared about college baseball in the conference...which is more than I can say for Delaney...

Sorry. Didn't catch the Northwestern games.

Not wanting to take anything away from the game 1 performance.... it was awesome!! I also hate be a Debbie Downer but ...... no chance in hell we win game 2. Not because odd's are against us. Rather, because it's on the B1G Network... Huskers can't win televised games.... In fact, we really S U C K!!! when televised. (cry)

:nanalama I just wanted to bump this post and thought I would do so with my favorite and grossly underused emoticon

Not wanting to take anything away from the game 1 performance.... it was awesome!! I also hate be a Debbie Downer but ...... no chance in hell we win game 2. Not because odd's are against us. Rather, because it's on the B1G Network... Huskers can't win televised games.... In fact, we really S U C K!!! when televised. (cry)

:nanalama I just wanted to bump this post and thought I would do so with my favorite and grossly underused emoticon

As punishment, HuskerHacker should have to drink some red kool-aid