How many yards will Abdullah have next year?

In my opinion, its going to come down to how versatile Newby, Taylor, Cross and Frazier can make our offense behind Abdullah. If at least 2 of these backs can prove themselves as an every down back, I see the ball being out of Abdullah's hands more this year, and actually "using" our weapons. Kind of like what we do in our WR group. If they do become those players, we are going to make defenses make changes quite regularly during a game, and make them prepare for at least 3 RB's, Martinez and our passing threat. This seems to be the way we are going, and I REALLY hope its the case.

If the ball does get distributed more this year, I can see Abdullah getting 1200 rushing yards, and 300 passing yards throughout the season. The other backs could see up to 500 yards if not more a piece, that is if it pans out the way it looks. No RB will RS this year, and I believe this is what Beck, Brown and Pelini wanted.

So you're saying forget Tommy Armstrong, Ameer is now the backup QB??

a lot of variables --- chief among them the number of carries he gets. But I would guess he will average 5 - 5.5 yards a carry --- he is a very, very good back. If he gets 200 carries he gets 1000 or 1100 yards. The only things that would prevent him from that many carries would be injury or others getting the carries. Much more than 200 carries is unlikely... or maybe not. Tough to tell.

I have a feeling we are gonna throw more. Just a feeling nothing more. I'm gonna put him in the 1223 yards rushing. 16 TDs. 450 yards receiving. 6 TDs. If he get to my projections, I believe he makes All conference second team. They aren't eye popping numbers but I believe he will be more efficient this year. Yards per carry will be up and turnovers down.

Then again, he could go full beast mode this year and rush for 1800 yards and 30 TDs!

In my opinion, its going to come down to how versatile Newby, Taylor, Cross and Frazier can make our offense behind Abdullah. If at least 2 of these backs can prove themselves as an every down back, I see the ball being out of Abdullah's hands more this year, and actually "using" our weapons. Kind of like what we do in our WR group. If they do become those players, we are going to make defenses make changes quite regularly during a game, and make them prepare for at least 3 RB's, Martinez and our passing threat. This seems to be the way we are going, and I REALLY hope its the case.

If the ball does get distributed more this year, I can see Abdullah getting 1200 rushing yards, and 300 passing yards throughout the season. The other backs could see up to 500 yards if not more a piece, that is if it pans out the way it looks. No RB will RS this year, and I believe this is what Beck, Brown and Pelini wanted.

So you're saying forget Tommy Armstrong, Ameer is now the backup QB??

I meant receiving yards.

thats sounds like a lot of trick plays

How about you do some more reading, and realize that I have already corrected myself.

How about you do some more reading, and realize that I have already corrected myself.

Like a pack of dogs on a cat with only 3 legs.

I think he is assuming Martinez will be out and we'll have a couple of those Wildcat games, a la 2010. Maybe.

sorry just just trying to make a joke