RB Corey Avery [Kansas - Signed LOI]

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like his OV is going to be a week later - Jan. 24

That kind of gums up the timing for RB Taurus Phillips who will be visiting on Jan 17. Staff has already told him they are waiting on other RB offers to play out (namely Ballage and Avery), but he is next on their list. If he visits and then nothing comes out of it for a week or so while we wait for the other two RB offers, it could be just enough time for him to lose interest. It makes me think about the Frank Ragnow situation, where we had him on campus and he really wanted an offer, but we waited on him too long after he left. He lost interest, even after the offer finally came.

I guess there is nothing the staff can do about it, but I would be nice to pick up one of these RB prospects.

• 2 weeks later...

Avery or Wilbon?

I would be more than happy landing either of them. Wilbon seems to be better in space than Avery, while Avery seems to be capable of more punishing runs. Because I think Avery runs somewhat similar to Adam Taylor, I might lean more towards Wilbon. But once again, I would be very happy with either. I think I like our chances with Wilbon more at this point as we are competing against Vandy while Avery is visiting Texas.