RB Corey Avery [Kansas - Signed LOI]

Conflicting reports on the Texas offer.

With Wilbon's commitment, not sure it matters. If no offer from Texas, Avery will likely end up at Kansas.

Unless Stewart is having problems....

Good point. Not sure that Stewart would be an every down back anyway, more likely to help in the slot, return game, and the motion man on the fly sweep. With that said, Wilbon gives us our true RB for this class, and now, we are with Ameer, Cross (3rd downs), Taylor, Newby, Stewart (slot/RB), and Wilbon. If we stop recruiting at RB for this class and focus on OT and DE, I would not mind as we are already in on some solid RBs for next class, where we can take two. Would give us more space in that RB room while keeping depth at the position.

Anyway, hair is also worth taking him.

https://twitter.com/DallasCCHS/status/427474439458922497/photo/1

I would guess that we don't take him at this point. You can never have too many good athletes, particularly ones from top schools, but we've got limited spots and bigger needs at other positions. If we strike out with some others, I could see taking him, but I'd have him behind another DE, Frison at OT, a QB/ATH like parks, Pittman at DT, Minor at LB, and Brown at CB if there's any chance.

So, take him if there's room, like if we knew Stewart wasn't going to make it, but I'd be surprised.