***Official NBA Playoff Discussion Thread***

Mavric

There is literally nothing wrong with that strategy. They are trying to do what they needed to do to win the game, and if they could have made them pay on the other end of the court, it would have been a genius move by Scott Brooks.

Heres an idea, don't give up 107 points and you may win the game. If you enjoy watching games like that, go ahead, but I bet TNT lost a ton of viewers during that quarter. The NBA needs to do something about the hack-a-shaq sh#t

There is literally nothing wrong with that strategy. They are trying to do what they needed to do to win the game, and if they could have made them pay on the other end of the court, it would have been a genius move by Scott Brooks.

Heres an idea, don't give up 107 points and you may win the game. If you enjoy watching games like that, go ahead, but I bet TNT lost a ton of viewers during that quarter. The NBA needs to do something about the hack-a-shaq sh#t

Like I said, there is nothing wrong with it. The Rockets shot like mad men with hands in their face all game long, which forced the situation. Nothing needs to be done about it because it's basketball strategy.

Like I said, there is nothing wrong with it. The Rockets shot like mad men with hands in their face all game long, which forced the situation. Nothing needs to be done about it because it's basketball strategy.

Folks who tune in to watch the game that are not fans of either team, just fans of the game will end up turning the channel.

If NBA wants to keep their average NBA fan (fans of the sport, not the teams), they need to do something about it because they will lose those fans. They lost my viewership tonight and Im sure Im not the only one to turn the channel during that quarter. I want to watch basketball, not a free throw contest.

It's all a part of the game, Po. To be perfectly clear, I agree with you. They need to not allow 107 points in a game.

But on the other hand, one huge element of a basketball game is coaching. And if I'm a coach in that situation, I absolutely think I should have the "Hack-A-Bad-Freethrow-shooter" strategy at my disposal.

You play to win the game, and if OKC could have executed on the other end, that strategy probably would have worked, and it would have been a genius call by Brooks.

Watching the Celtics play BBall. James Naismith is not impressed!

Uncharacteristic of the Celtics not being ready.... I thought they would come out clicking after the emotional game 5 win.... The lack of PG play is hurting them badly. A guy on a 10 day contract is playing a lot of point in game 6 of a playoff series! That tells you all you need to know!

Watching the Celtics play BBall. James Naismith is not impressed!

Uncharacteristic of the Celtics not being ready.... I thought they would come out clicking after the emotional game 5 win.... The lack of PG play is hurting them badly. A guy on a 10 day contract is playing a lot of point in game 6 of a playoff series! That tells you all you need to know!

Paul Pierce doesn't look like he even wants to be there.