***Official NBA Playoff Discussion Thread***

Mavric

The Spurs can play better than that too. How scary is that? This series is setting up to be really awesome. I still think Heat in 7

I didn't get to watch the 2nd half, but at halftime the fearsome foursome(magic, jalen, some guy in a pink tie and wilbon) all made it sound like the Heat looked like the Heat from the 27 game win streak. I think the Spurs looked a bit rusty in the first half, so to me I still give the edge to the Spurs, particularly because of coaching.

I didn't get to watch the 2nd half, but at halftime the fearsome foursome(magic, jalen, some guy in a pink tie and wilbon) all made it sound like the Heat looked like the Heat from the 27 game win streak. I think the Spurs looked a bit rusty in the first half, so to me I still give the edge to the Spurs, particularly because of coaching.

ku-xlarge.gif

The Spurs can play better than that too. How scary is that? This series is setting up to be really awesome. I still think Heat in 7

I would rather hear Bill Simmons talk than anyone else on that panel.

So you just copied down their point totals? Did you watch the game?

Horrible offensive efficiency. Bosh taking 3-pointers still for no reason. Wade making bad decisions His +/- was -11 on the night, lol. Wade's defense was terrible. Nothing out of Chalmers. Bron Bron was only 7 for 16 from the floor at 1 for 5 from downtown. (Of course he did have a triple double. Nobody else on the team feels like rebounding) Every player you listed except Ray Allen scored below their season average. That's about as bad as you could hope for if you're a Spurs fan. The Heat can play a lot better, they look kind of lost on offense, like they don't know whether to defer to LeBron or take command themselves

The heat won't do crap if they have to rely on Lebron getting 18 boards a game. Straight up the heat can't match up our rebound for crap against San Antonio. A lot of people knew this going into the series after the heat struggled with Indiana and the spurs flat out owned a FAR better front court of Memphis.

And he'll what happens if the Spurs hit their 3s like they normally do. I'd be moreworried if I were a Heat fan,

Ya. Rebounding a huge issue, but the Heat seems to have gone back to a couple years ago when they were just lost as a team and the superstars didn't know how to coexist. I think then, LeBron was too quick to defer to them. Now, Wade and Bosh are too quick to defer to LeBron. And Bosh is being a huge bitch...Hibbert destroyed him last series and last night he looks to be scared to get anywhere near the basket. We saw what happened when the Heat are clicking on all cylinders, nobody stands a chance - not even the Spurs

Ya. Rebounding a huge issue, but the Heat seems to have gone back to a couple years ago when they were just lost as a team and the superstars didn't know how to coexist. I think then, LeBron was too quick to defer to them. Now, Wade and Bosh are too quick to defer to LeBron. And Bosh is being a huge bitch...Hibbert destroyed him last series and last night he looks to be scared to get anywhere near the basket. We saw what happened when the Heat are clicking on all cylinders, nobody stands a chance - not even the Spurs

Well if the excuse is they weren't clicking on all cylinders , they sure pick a swell time to get a cog in the"machine".

The post season is the healthiest the Spurs have been all season. They played fairly well after their long lay off. Went into Miami got the win. Shot like crap and still won. Defense and rebounding will win this series. Sadly for heat fans those things are their detriment

Well if the excuse is they weren't clicking on all cylinders , they sure pick a swell time to get a cog in the"machine".

The post season is the healthiest the Spurs have been all season. They played fairly well after their long lay off. Went into Miami got the win. Shot like crap and still won. Defense and rebounding will win this series. Sadly for heat fans those things are their detriment

This. Their shot chart for the game was real ugly from outside. The little bit I saw they looked rusty. If they're clicking and shooting better Miami is going to have a tough time.

This. Their shot chart for the game was real ugly from outside. The little bit I saw they looked rusty. If they're clicking and shooting better Miami is going to have a tough time.

Throw in keeping turnovers low, where Miami makes its living. Other than that I agree.

In fact, my argument is made even stronger when you consider that in the past 5 years, as you pointed out, 3 of the 7 teams to not make it to the SB before that time period did in fact play in one. Amazing, really

it should be 2 out of 8. I was counting Indy but they been in a Super Bowl before. Also teams move and so does their history. NE and NY played each other 2 times in 4 years.

In fact, my argument is made even stronger when you consider that in the past 5 years, as you pointed out, 3 of the 7 teams to not make it to the SB before that time period did in fact play in one. Amazing, really

it should be 2 out of 8. I was counting Indy but they been in a Super Bowl before. Also teams move and so does their history. NE and NY played each other 2 times in 4 years.

I don't get what your argument is or why it matters. Besides, this is the thread about the NBA playoffs.

I don't get what your argument is or why it matters. Besides, this is the thread about the NBA playoffs.

don't worry about it.

Can't wait for this game.

Unfortunately the gf is having some social gathering that requires the use of my 46 inch HDTV...so I'll be watching it in the bedroom on my 25 year old 24-inch CRT. You can almost make out which players are which.