SIGNED ATH Demornay Pierson-El

Nexus

Another opposing coach-

He likens Pierson-El to San Diego Chargers wideout Eddie Royal, who Eldredge used to coach while an assistant at Westfield High.

“He was a kid that we used in all different aspects of the game - on special teams, at receiver, whatever,” he said. “Demornay’s that kind of dynamic guy.”

“I’m just trying to be a role player,” he said. “I’m just trying to be a key player in that offense. I want to be looked at as somebody who’s one of the best slot receivers in the conference, one of the best slot receivers in the country. I want to be a part of something and make it a threat. As of right now, that’s my only goal.”

He sits his freshman year behind Turner and Moore. After that, watch out.

Wouldn't he be behind Turner and Westerkamp? Moore has been playing the outside position mostly not slot, I thought.

I think your right, Moore plays outside. Either way we are going to keep having play makers at the WR position.

Wouldn't he be behind Turner and Westerkamp? Moore has been playing the outside position mostly not slot, I thought.

I think he was probably referring to Turner and Westerkamp getting most of the looks. Just like everyone this year is "behind" Bell and Enunwa.

Pierson-El shuffles idly to the side and, like a hiker at the start of his climb, surveys the space in front of him to pick out the most efficient route to the orange cones up ahead. He picks up speed going left, then confronts a defensive end and spins back toward the middle to have a second look downfield. Suddenly a small seam opens up the middle, prompting him to dart into the heart of the defense, stop on a dime, juke right, cut left and hit the turbo button toward the sideline. From there, it’s 11-on-1, a patently unfair scenario when all 11 guys are carrying sand in their shoes.

The pride of West Potomac High reaches his destination to put the Wolverines ahead 12-10.

That was an awesome article. Can't wait for Pierson-El to suit up for the Huskers. :thumbs:

I think he was probably referring to Turner and Westerkamp getting most of the looks. Just like everyone this year is "behind" Bell and Enunwa.

Makes sense

Makes sense

Exactly. But I think you were spot on in your assessment though Warrior. On a sidenote, when are you going to change your name????? :)

• Fire 1