King's Court - Top 10 things to look forward to '13-'14

7. Mediocre teams becoming good, bad teams getting better

I love picking sleeper teams. Not just in the NCAA tournament, but prior to the regular season, too. And please don't misunderstand: I'm not saying any of these squads are going to win the NCAA tournament. Heck, a few of them might not even make the NCAA tournament. But that doesn't mean they can't be sleeper teams, because I define sleeper teams as squads that will make significant strides in 2013-14.

Three teams that finished near the bottom of their conference but will be significantly better:

Nebraska Cornhuskers: The Cornhuskers are far from ready to move into the upper half of the Big Ten, but Tim Miles' squad will be a pest to nearly every team it faces. That was actually the case last season. The Cornhuskers went just 5-13 in league play, but several times they were in tight games until the game's waning minutes against top-10 opponents. What made everything so impressive was that Miles inherited a depleted roster prior to one of the top seasons in Big Ten history. A lot of coaches would've gone 0-18. Nebraska will lose two of its top three players, but second-leading scorer Ray Gallegos (12.5 points) returns to a squad that adds former junior college standout Deverell Biggs and transfers Walter Pitchford (Florida) and Terran Petteway (Texas Tech). Incoming point guard Tai Webster, a New Zealand native, is a likely starter.

http://espn.go.com/m...lege-basketball

second-leading scorer Ray Gallegos (12.5 points) returns to a squad that adds former junior college standout Deverell Biggs and transfers Walter Pitchford (Florida) and Terran Petteway (Texas Tech). Incoming point guard Tai Webster, a New Zealand native, is a likely starter.

Miles is really jumpstarting the program with these guys. Gonna be exciting times next year! :thumbs:

Unfortunately, It looks as if Tummala is not going to be joining them.

Kudos to Miles for getting "in" on some better prospects, but until we actually CLOSE on them, it's not a difference maker for us......

Until then, we've only gotten beat on "better" players than before.

I believe he will get it done, however.