Important Transfer Headed Our Way

dang...just got back from reading fan reaction on a buffs forum....they still hate us. their hate for nebraska surpasses the westboro baptist hate of everyone.

No offense but no one cares ( about the buffs)

i hadn't bothered to think about them until this happened. thought i would check out their response since lewis is still there. i found out they are still very bitter fans out there.

From the article:

Lewis said he drank six glasses of wine, 10 beers and six shots of various other alcohols that night.

:facepalm::wasted ..That's a lot of booze.

Wow, that much beer, wine and booze mixed together? I can't even imagine the hangover that would cause.

I can understand a guy being out and slamming beer after beer and shot after shot, but where does the wine come in? Is that a normal combination for kids these days?

From the article:

Lewis said he drank six glasses of wine, 10 beers and six shots of various other alcohols that night.

Wow, that much beer, wine and booze mixed together? I can't even imagine the hangover that would cause.

I can understand a guy being out and slamming beer after beer and shot after shot, but where does the wine come in? Is that a normal combination for kids these days?

I'm sure it is for all student athletes that sign a letter of intent to play at Colorado. I mean how else can you get through your 4 years there with out being suicidal.

From the article:

the Puffs are the Sutter Home white zin of the college football world

According to the report, Bussey and Lewis bumped into each other, which led to a verbal argument and a shoving match. The friend then told police Lewis repeatedly shoved Bussey into a brick wall, causing his head to hit the wall several times. The friend told police Webb then came and the two men shoved Bussey to the ground and began punching him.

The friend said Bussey told her to run, and she ran back to the apartment to get help and returned to the alley. At this point, witnesses said they saw Lewis grab Bussey around the throat and throw him into a parking kiosk, knocking him unconscious.

The witnesses said a black SUV then arrived on scene and a passenger told Lewis and Webb to get into the vehicle, but it left without them when police arrived, according to the report. Witnesses identified the SUV passenger who called out to Lewis and Webb as another CU football player, but, according to the report, police did not confirm that or interview the occupants of the SUV.

Officials on scene said Bussey had no recollection of the incident and was bleeding from the head. His friends said Bussey -- who was identified in the report as a student at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado.

LINK

If this is true Lewis is an idiot. :facepalm:

Yah that puts a totally different spin on things.

This comment made me laugh though.

God I detest football players, the football program in general, the sense of entitlement and privilege that most of them seem to have, and the protection afforded to those misbehaving athletes/thugs by the football program. I truly wish CU would abandon football. In 100 years, society will look back on football and shake our collective heads saying "What were we thinking???". It'll rank right up there with ****, dog, and bull fighting.

A lot can change in 100 years.

I know what you mean. I'll be very interested in seeing where the sport of football is in 100 years.

#n/m

You'll be dead in 100 years

Then again, a lot can change in 100 years

Everybody makes mistakes, but this is an egregious one that shows a serious lack of judgment. The obviously startling portion of the story is the violence committed against Bussey. Football players (especially those at division one programs) are held to high standards on and off the field. While I don't believe college athletes should be forbidden by coaches from going to the bars and drinking, athletes have to show far better judgment than this.

That much alcohol, regardless of your size, is too much. Lewis is also a big football player, and I've seen situations like this with my own eyes. I'll be bar hopping on a weekend night, Husker players will be walking around and there will be idiots trying to instigate arguments with them, challenging them to altercations. It's inept, but it happens. How are we supposed to trust him to keep his nose clean at Nebraska when he can't even stay out of trouble at a school where his name and position is much less important? He's about to jump from Boulder, Co., to one of the most scrutinized fish bowl universities in all of college sports. It appears he's not ready for a place like this.

All that said, the report is a little baffling. Witnesses speak of the altercation occurring in an alley, the two "bumping" into each other and the fight continuing from there. Who "bumps" into someone in an alley and starts a fight? It seems far more likely a disagreement was taken to the alley, or one of the two parties followed the other into the alley. The circumstances are a little fishy, and I'm sure both sides will spin a tale of innocence. Lewis' testimony will be questionable because of the consumed alcohol, while Bussey's will be questioned because he can't remember a damn thing.