Is Tommie as good as he has been made out to be?

Why do people so easily question the Huskers? For God's sake, look who wrote the article. I can't believe this is even a topic on HuskerBoard.

A devoted Longhorn, Paul co-founded the website Barking Carnival and the FanTake network while working in biotech. He now works for SB Nation creating win-win synergy. He's not sure what that means either, but it stops further questions. When he's not enjoying violent sports or traveling, Paul contributes his musings at SB Nation.com.

Of course he was a "system" qb, hell arent most qb's recruited because they fit into the kind of system the coach wants to run. That doesnt take away from what Tommy did while at NU. He was one of if not the best option qb ever. He had an unbelievable drive to win and he orchestrated the best team ever (95 national championship team) with damn near perfection. So was he a system qb yes he was, but was he overrated? not in the slightest. Ask Steve Spurrier if he was overrated, or how bout the Miami defenses he played against. Tommy deserves all the credit he gets.

Why do people so easily question the Huskers? For God's sake, look who wrote the article. I can't believe this is even a topic on HuskerBoard.

A devoted Longhorn, Paul co-founded the website Barking Carnival and the FanTake network while working in biotech. He now works for SB Nation creating win-win synergy. He's not sure what that means either, but it stops further questions. When he's not enjoying violent sports or traveling, Paul contributes his musings at SB Nation.com.

Why?

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The article isn't actually incorrect in any way. Tommie's greatness was never found in statistics and rarely (though it did exist) found in tangible performances, but was found in his spirit and leadership more than anything else.

Tommie's greatness was ... rarely (though it did exist) found in tangible performances, but was found in his spirit and leadership more than anything else.

You're talking about the greatest Option quarterback of all time. He had plenty of tangible performances demonstrating greatness.

Was Frazier's career really that long ago that people have forgotten just how good he was?

Tommie's greatness was ... rarely (though it did exist) found in tangible performances, but was found in his spirit and leadership more than anything else.

You're talking about the greatest Option quarterback of all time. He had plenty of tangible performances demonstrating greatness.

Was Frazier's career really that long ago that people have forgotten just how good he was?

In '94 and '95, the only game I can think of that we would not have won without him is the Miami game.

In '94 and '95, the only game I can think of that we would not have won without him is the Miami game.

In what way does that diminish his greatness? We had a superlative cast around him. That doesn't mean he wasn't great.

In what way does that diminish his greatness? We had a superlative cast around him. That doesn't mean he wasn't great.

I think the entire point of the article is to show that because it was pretty much proven that Tommie Frazier wasn't indispensable, as great as he is or might be, there's no real way to prove it.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The article isn't actually incorrect in any way. Tommie's greatness was never found in statistics and rarely (though it did exist) found in tangible performances, but was found in his spirit and leadership more than anything else.

What spirit and leadership? When I think of the spirit of the guys on those teams, I think of

. When I think of leadership, I think more of Aaron Graham, Wiegart, and, again Peter.