SIGNED S Joshua Kalu

Watching the game and I am SOOOO impressed with Katy!! I wish we could have gotten in early with Rodney Anderson the running back for Katy. He has 4 TD's and over a 100 yards rushing before half time. He is committed to A&M.

I think our resident Katy guy on the board said something about how they don't send their RBs to the same schools?...so with Taylor here, we may have been out of the running with Rodney.

Any updates on how Kalu looked? Can he play or is he another project?

He did not have a breakout game yesterday. I saw a couple of times where he was out of position to help with stopping the massively successful Katy run game (though I would say a lot had to do with poor play calling as Taylor was in man coverage and the DBs were getting run off by the motion man away from the direction of the run). Still, he had two TD saving tackles and played solid in pass protection. He did not contribute much as a kickoff returner, but that was only because Katy's game plan was obviously to kick away from Kalu (guess they did not want him to return one for 97 yards like he did last week). Also, I did not see him play during the second half (don't know why, heard it was maybe due to injury).

Gave us a 10 on his visit.

"Honestly it was a 10," Kalu said of his visit to Nebraska. "First I'm going to go home and talk to my parents about everything. I'm going to call my brothers and sisters and I'm going to talk to my coaches about it to see what kind of advice they have. After that I'm going to most likely commit after the season, but if something happens I might commit before then.

Now will probably visit Iowa State, Wake Forest, Washington State, and Houston.

Before his visit, he left open the possibility of committing while he was here. So not sure, it speaks well of his visit that he is planning on taking all four other visits at this moment.

Well he gave it a 10 and said he was going to talk to his family and coaches about it, I assume he means Nebraska, and might commit before season is over, so I would say it speaks very well of his visit. Why not take some more free visits and do a little traveling . I say this kid is ours for sure

Never the team to beat with Blackwood

Fair enough, maybe team to beat with Blackwood might have been a little strong, but he did say it was awesome and amazing, then committed elsewhere. Unless it is a quick check in to get the parents blessing today, I still think it is a bad sign to not get the commit right away when he was open to it before the visit.