beanman

Post Your Fishing Pics Here

The Outdoors World section doesn't have enough activity in it. This thread will hopefully get some people posting. Post some of your favorite fishing pics. Big ones, little ones, doesn't matter. Feel free to censor faces from photos if you think we have some resident stalkers on this board.

I'll start:

My middle son's first fish, the mighty rock bass, Otter Tail River, MN

:

My oldest son's best Walleye, 21", Rainy Lake, MN

38.5" Northern caught by my brother, Rainy Lake, MN

Me with a pretty canoe crappie, Lake Agnes, BWCA

Post 'em if you got 'em

• Upvote 3

A couple more...

Fishing Opener 2012, Big Pine Lake, MN with a nice thick coat of mosquitoes on the motor.

Fishing off of a beautiful new campsite dock, Voyageur's National Park, Rainy Lake, MN (Well spent Tax-Payer $)

My first ever walleye from Wehrspann 19"

IMAG0027.jpg

Took a friend's 11 year old son to Halleck Pond for some trout fishing.

IMAG0029.jpg

12" crappie from Walnut Creek

IMAG0030.jpg

Couple of nice bass from the base lake

IMAG0031.jpg

• Upvote 1

My first ever walleye from Wehrspann 19"

IMAG0027.jpg

Took a friend's 11 year old son to Halleck Pond for some trout fishing.

IMAG0029.jpg

12" crappie from Walnut Creek

IMAG0030.jpg

Couple of nice bass from the base lake

IMAG0031.jpg

Very nice, +1

how are your conservation efforts in the lakes and rivers over there??

Where I fish they're pretty strong. Walleye slot limit of 17" - 28" on Rainy. It's resulting in some good fishing. Half of the walleye I've caught there are over 20". Nothing huge yet, but a DNR guy was quoted as saying there's strong potential for Rainy to put out a new state record as they've netted a couple over 16 lbs recently.

The other lakes I fish also have slots on Walleye and Northern. And Minnesota also sells a conservation license, which is what I have. I only get half the limit that a standard license gets, which is plenty for me as I throw back almost everything unless I want to have some shorelunch.

26.5 in and just under 6 lbs, caught a couple years ago

944e225f-0f94-4c29-b45f-b5c1887f999d_zps9feced79.jpg

My buddies and I's haul last year in about 4 hours. We also had another stringer full of them which isn't pictured.

92f487c1-7658-48a9-bd68-9e707b841986_zps8a8e1d0c.jpg

Nice Walleye. Did you catch it in a river? Looks like a river behind you.

My buddies and I's haul last year in about 4 hours. We also had another stringer full of them which isn't pictured.

Nope, Lake of the Woods near St. Paul, NE. Private lake that my buddy lives at, it is one of those ones that just has a bunch of different coves and such, a lot bigger than it seems. It is fishing paradise. His backyard is the lake and his front yard is the Loup river, so in the morning and evening we will bass,crappie, walleye fish in the lake and when it gets real hot we will wade down the loup and slay channel cat all day. It's always a good time. Thats also where we caught those garbage feeders.

Nope, Lake of the Woods near St. Paul, NE. Private lake that my buddy lives at, it is one of those ones that just has a bunch of different coves and such, a lot bigger than it seems. It is fishing paradise. His backyard is the lake and his front yard is the Loup river, so in the morning and evening we will bass,crappie, walleye fish in the lake and when it gets real hot we will wade down the loup and slay channel cat all day. It's always a good time. Thats also where we caught those garbage feeders.

Cool, didn't know about this place. Must be the northernmost of the pair of lakes north of St. Paul then... I haven't fished in Nebraska for 10 years. Mostly just did the catfish thing when I was back there and didn't try much for Walleye.

Cool, didn't know about this place. Must be the northernmost of the pair of lakes north of St. Paul then... I haven't fished in Nebraska for 10 years. Mostly just did the catfish thing when I was back there and didn't try much for Walleye.

yeah, it's a nice place to live. I wasn't much going for wallys either, just trying to get some fish in the boat, threw on a jig head and twister tail and slammed it in about 2 feet of water. We both about sh#t ourselves.

looks solid with what you guys are pulling up!! glad to hear conservation is growing strong... gotta conserve so da kine keiki have fish to catch too someday!!...

im getting super excited for summer fishing over here.. except my water pump blew out and my engine died about 4 miles out... the thing that really pissed me off as that about 3 boats trolled right past me (maybe 20 yards away) and didnt stop to lend a hand to tow me in (big no no.... atleast thats what ive been taught in the local fishing community here)... anyways once i get the boat fixed hopefully i can post some photos... right now its aku (skipjack tuna) ahi, ono (wahoo), mahi (hopefully around after their second run) season to name a few.... stoked!

looks solid with what you guys are pulling up!! glad to hear conservation is growing strong... gotta conserve so da kine keiki have fish to catch too someday!!...

im getting super excited for summer fishing over here.. except my water pump blew out and my engine died about 4 miles out... the thing that really pissed me off as that about 3 boats trolled right past me (maybe 20 yards away) and didnt stop to lend a hand to tow me in (big no no.... atleast thats what ive been taught in the local fishing community here)... anyways once i get the boat fixed hopefully i can post some photos... right now its aku (skipjack tuna) ahi, ono (wahoo), mahi (hopefully around after their second run) season to name a few.... stoked!

Ha, I remember you giving me sh#t about the Merc on the back of my boat. That makes this little story kinda funny. Of course I shouldn't laugh; I'll probably get stranded in the boonies this weekend without cell service or VHF radio and get eaten by a pack of wolves. Good thing I got a flare gun I guess.

Ha, I remember you giving me sh#t about the Merc on the back of my boat. That makes this little story kinda funny. Of course I shouldn't laugh; I'll probably get stranded in the boonies this weekend without cell service or VHF radio and get eaten by a pack of wolves. Good thing I got a flare gun I guess.

damn karam for ya.... BUT it turns out it wasnt any problems with the boat... I THINK... talking it and looking over it i prob. ran over a trash bag going around a trash line.. causing my impeller to blow up to hell!!! SOOO technically it wasnt my engines fault!! just mine!!

damn karam for ya.... BUT it turns out it wasnt any problems with the boat... I THINK... talking it and looking over it i prob. ran over a trash bag going around a trash line.. causing my impeller to blow up to hell!!! SOOO technically it wasnt my engines fault!! just mine!!

What he said!

i really really really wish i knew more about fresh water fishing!!! i go to central oregon a lot and fish over there in the lakes and rivers (tried fly fishing but suck) but i never ever seem to catch anything.... i go fishing in ohio sometimes and catch catfish, bluegills and bass but the whole oregon thing really pisses me off... i just want to catch SOMETHING... i dont have good equipment up there.. just a junkie rod and reel with like 8 lbs test line.... all the lures, spinners, baits f'ing confuse me!!! i need help!!!

but then again it took me a few years to learn hawaiian ocean fishing

Not sure how to post my own pictures. But, I caught a 13.5" crappie this weekend. Largest one I have ever caught. My son and I gained access to a great place to fish on private land. Looks like a lot of fishing is in the plans for this summer.

Not sure how to post my own pictures. But, I caught a 13.5" crappie this weekend. Largest one I have ever caught. My son and I gained access to a great place to fish on private land. Looks like a lot of fishing is in the plans for this summer.

13 inches is pretty solid!! wow when i was living in NC i never came anything close to that... i used to fish some ponds around my house that were somehow stocked.... (shortly before i left someone bought the land and they became private.. but i got hooked up at another bigger pond so but anyways...) and used these tiny crappies that were everywhere as live bait for da other bigger boys swimming around.....

Caught a bunch of sunfish yesterday while waiting for the ribs to BBQ. Got bored with that and switched up to hotdog chunks laying on the bottom of the lake and pulled in three or four catfish between about 14" and 20". No pics. Sorry. :D

Caught a bunch of sunfish yesterday while waiting for the ribs to BBQ. Got bored with that and switched up to hotdog chunks laying on the bottom of the lake and pulled in three or four catfish between about 14" and 20". No pics. Sorry. :D

I went camping over the weekend on the Canadian border. Friday night had to drive the boat 10 miles in the dark back to the boat launch and take my son to the emergency room after he fell and landed on his chest on a sharp rock. Then I started feeling sick Sunday so we packed up and came home late. Went to the Dr. today and I've got Strep. I also have an infection on my finger from a northern cutting my finger with one of his teeth. It oozes pus when you squeeze it. Pretty sh**ty Memorial day weekend. I should have stayed home and saved my money.

I took my boys fishing the last 2 days and they have had a great time. My youngest ( 7 ) is all about it now. He has been coming in at 6 am and waking me up to go fish. I will get pics up as soon as I load them.

• Upvote 1

I took my boys fishing the last 2 days and they have had a great time. My youngest ( 7 ) is all about it now. He has been coming in at 6 am and waking me up to go fish. I will get pics up as soon as I load them.

Awesome. Gotta get the kids away from the TV and the video games and enjoying the great outdoors. The trick is to make it fun for them with sunnies and perch when they're young so they don't lose interest.

Here are some of the cats that my kids caught this last weekend in a boys fishing tournament. They came in 2nd and each won a new pole and some tackle. My oldest caught the snapper on his line the same day and they gave him the prize for heaviest "fish". It was a good day

• Upvote 1

I love this thread... We are headed to Big Pine in a few weeks for a 2 week trip. We usually go for 1 week (for past 20 years), but this year, my son turns 13, so I am suprising him with an extra week with just dad and grandpa. He lives for our weekly trip, so hopefully he will be pumped for 2 weeks of fishin' up North.

We don't leave until July 6th...but already getting excited.

I love this thread... We are headed to Big Pine in a few weeks for a 2 week trip. We usually go for 1 week (for past 20 years), but this year, my son turns 13, so I am suprising him with an extra week with just dad and grandpa. He lives for our weekly trip, so hopefully he will be pumped for 2 weeks of fishin' up North.

We don't leave until July 6th...but already getting excited.

When I was little I looked forward to our trips to Big Pine all year long. A 2 week trip will be awesome for you guys. We'll be on Otter Tail during your second week, but I always go over to Big Pine for at least one day. If you see a black Lund 1775 Pro V with a Merc on the back that would be me.

Great weekend fishing. However, it was very strange.

We started off Friday night fishing for large mouth. While throwing the normal LM lures up to the bank, we started catching cat fish instead. That's fine. I like eating cat fish.

However, then we go back to the dock and, since the catfish were biting, we put some crawlers on the bottom and started catching bass.

The fish must have been drunk this weekend.

Great weekend fishing. However, it was very strange.

We started off Friday night fishing for large mouth. While throwing the normal LM lures up to the bank, we started catching cat fish instead. That's fine. I like eating cat fish.

However, then we go back to the dock and, since the catfish were biting, we put some crawlers on the bottom and started catching bass.

The fish must have been drunk this weekend.

We had the same thing happen to us this weekend. We were catching LMs off of gizzards and cut bait in about 20ft of water while fishing for cats. My wife was jigging for some bluegill to use as bait and she caught a couple nice cats.

448151d1370722102-6-7-13-backing-dscf0037.jpg

Not fish but some nice new lures...... 9' and one 7'

Does ' = feet (and " = inches) in Hawaii like it does everywhere else?

i can fish... i never said i knew math... yes i meant inches!!! unless i would going after sperm whales with my 9 foot lures!!!

• Upvote 1

i can fish... i never said i knew math... yes i meant inches!!! unless i would going after sperm whales with my 9 foot lures!!!

That was Math? .... I thought it was Construction..

LoL..Makes sense I guess..I was just giving my 12 year old a hard time for only getting a B in Honors Math last weekend and he was reading this thread and told me to write almost word for word what I already posted...We decided you were probably using a big kite to catch those flying Marlins with a scary giant ice hook..

My Son was just bugging me last week about wanting to fish while we're traveling to Colorado Springs tonight..Last time I tried to fish, I tied a safety pin on a string around my big toe while napping at my Summer Job at the sand pits after my Freshman year at UNL

That was Math? .... I thought it was Construction..

LoL..Makes sense I guess..I was just giving my 12 year old a hard time for only getting a B in Honors Math last weekend and he was reading this thread and told me to write almost word for word what I already posted...We decided you were probably using a big kite to catch those flying Marlins with a scary giant ice hook..

whatever it is im not very good at it... im heading up to the mainland soon and im sure ill be sucking balls soon with the fishing there.... my dad was GREAT at math.. me i suck at it.. i had a tutor from 9th grade on... even thanked him in my yearbook!! and i was right! i never used it once... thats why i got 9 feet fishing lures recently... i wondered why they cost 10,000 each.. thought the price was a bit high.....

• Upvote 1

My oldest with his first Big Pine largemouth from this past week. Pretty sure I saw HANC out there in the distance but never got to drive by to talk to him. It sure does suck coming back home after a great week on the lake.

Nice fish....... I bet he was pumped..... I was looking for your boat. I actually saw a handful of black Lunds and was wondering.... Most of the time you can tell my boat by my dad sitting upfront on a cooler trolling off of the front...usually wearing bright colors..ha

Fishing was a littler slower than most years, but we caught enough fish to eat just about every night for two weeks. Nothing really big, but a handful of walleye in the slot , but mostly panfish......did catch a largemouth about 19..... smaller than your son's...

Hope you had a fun week

Nice fish....... I bet he was pumped..... I was looking for your boat. I actually saw a handful of black Lunds and was wondering.... Most of the time you can tell my boat by my dad sitting upfront on a cooler trolling off of the front...usually wearing bright colors..ha

Fishing was a littler slower than most years, but we caught enough fish to eat just about every night for two weeks. Nothing really big, but a handful of walleye in the slot , but mostly panfish......did catch a largemouth about 19..... smaller than your son's...

Hope you had a fun week

We went over there on Wednesday. I saw what I assume was your boat with someone wearing a bright yellow shirt. Does your boat have a Johnson 90 on it(light brown/tan Crestliner)? We went over to Whispering Pines to get ice cream since it was hot with no wind and I saw that boat up on the lift. Looked like you guys must have went into town as I didn't see your truck. Anyway, the fish I saw were all deep, 26 feet or so. Same thing I was seeing on Otter Tail. The walleye on Otter Tail were all puny this year. The guide we talked to said he was having to catch about 75 Walleye just to get 20 that were big enough to keep. That's strange since last year there was a bunch in the 17-18" class.

I hope you guys had a good time. It really sucked driving back this morning. I wish I could stay up there the rest of the summer. Here's a video of my dad catching a 26" Walleye on Otter Tail with Meister's guide service. My Go Pro really makes the fish look small, but it was raining so damn much the whole time we were

Hope you had a fun week

We went over there on Wednesday. I saw what I assume was your boat with someone wearing a bright yellow shirt. Does your boat have a Johnson 90 on it(light brown/tan Crestliner)? We went over to Whispering Pines to get ice cream since it was hot with no wind and I saw that boat up on the lift. Looked like you guys must have went into town as I didn't see your truck. Anyway, the fish I saw were all deep, 26 feet or so. Same thing I was seeing on Otter Tail. The walleye on Otter Tail were all puny this year. The guide we talked to said he was having to catch about 75 Walleye just to get 20 that were big enough to keep. That's strange since last year there was a bunch in the 17-18" class.

I hope you guys had a good time. It really sucked driving back this morning. I wish I could stay up there the rest of the summer. Here's a video of my dad catching a 26" Walleye on Otter Tail with Meister's guide service. My Go Pro really makes the fish look small, but it was raining so damn much the whole time we were out I couldn't use any other camera.

Ha...yep....that was our boat and that bright yellow shirt was my dad's lucky "Wednesday" gear......the day in the rain was our best fishing day. Caught a ton of bigger ( 11-12") rock bass, which is fairly decent size for rock bass in Big Pine. Most don't keep them, but we do... I over on Ottertail Friday afternoon test running a Manitou Tri-toon. That is a big lake. I have driven by countless times, but have never been on the water. It would take a dummy like me forever to figure that lake out.

The shoreline that we run on the northeast side of Big Pine just didn't produce as much this year. Our best luck was in the cove just east of the public access... We took in a handful of keeper Walleye in that 8-10 ft of water..... also had big bites that took line twice on Friday morning (ol' fisherman's story).. I went through 3 different rods that morning. Didn't take the time to re-rig, just grabbed the next.

Agree... I could live up there during this time of year... Maybe we will catch up next year for a chat on the lake. We are headed back again for 2 weeks in mid-July if God willing. We always look forward to it. You mentioned that you were at Ottertail in June also. How many times a year do you get over there? And, that was a nice fish your dad brought in....everyone in boat was calm...heck, my teenage son would have been all over the place like a dang dog...lol

Hope you had a fun week

I hope you guys had a good time. It really sucked driving back this morning. I wish I could stay up there the rest of the summer. Here's a video of my dad catching a 26" Walleye on Otter Tail with Meister's guide service. My Go Pro really makes the fish look small, but it was raining so damn much the whole time we were out I couldn't use any other camera.

Ha...yep....that was our boat and that bright yellow shirt was my dad's lucky "Wednesday" gear......the day in the rain was our best fishing day. Caught a ton of bigger ( 11-12") rock bass, which is fairly decent size for rock bass in Big Pine. Most don't keep them, but we do... I over on Ottertail Friday afternoon test running a Manitou Tri-toon. That is a big lake. I have driven by countless times, but have never been on the water. It would take a dummy like me forever to figure that lake out.

The shoreline that we run on the northeast side of Big Pine just didn't produce as much this year. Our best luck was in the cove just east of the public access... We took in a handful of keeper Walleye in that 8-10 ft of water..... also had big bites that took line twice on Friday morning (ol' fisherman's story).. I went through 3 different rods that morning. Didn't take the time to re-rig, just grabbed the next.

Agree... I could live up there during this time of year... Maybe we will catch up next year for a chat on the lake. We are headed back again for 2 weeks in mid-July if God willing. We always look forward to it. You mentioned that you were at Ottertail in June also. How many times a year do you get over there? And, that was a nice fish your dad brought in....everyone in boat was calm...heck, my teenage son would have been all over the place like a dang dog...lol

I try to get up there a few times a year. I'm also trying to make it up to Rainy 3 times this year. I wish the summer lasted longer; it's tough to get in all the fishing I want. I may be heading up to Big Pine next Sunday depending on how tired I am from my current business trip. A guy I know has a cabin on Big Pine and invited us up there. I have no idea where his cabin is.

The reason we're calm in the video is because we're all cold. My "rain gear" didn't work at all and I was soaked underneath. Same thing for my son.

z8oz.jpg

One of 2 baby sand sharks I caught last week.

Those are fun to catch when they are lots bigger but then they become a pain in the azz.

The first fish my 12 year old son caught when my brother took us fishing in the gulf was a large shark. It came up and before my brother could cut the line it broke the pole and was gone. My son stood there in shock. I laughed pretty hard.

z8oz.jpg

One of 2 baby sand sharks I caught last week.

Those are fun to catch when they are lots bigger but then they become a pain in the azz.

The first fish my 12 year old son caught when my brother took us fishing in the gulf was a large shark. It came up and before my brother could cut the line it broke the pole and was gone. My son stood there in shock. I laughed pretty hard.

My brother in law caught a larger shark that day and it took everything he had to get it to the boat and then it got off the line. Definitely a cool experience. My son was pretty amazed at the pictures we took.