Post Your Fishing Pics Here

Nice fish....... I bet he was pumped..... I was looking for your boat. I actually saw a handful of black Lunds and was wondering.... Most of the time you can tell my boat by my dad sitting upfront on a cooler trolling off of the front...usually wearing bright colors..ha

Fishing was a littler slower than most years, but we caught enough fish to eat just about every night for two weeks. Nothing really big, but a handful of walleye in the slot , but mostly panfish......did catch a largemouth about 19..... smaller than your son's...

Hope you had a fun week

We went over there on Wednesday. I saw what I assume was your boat with someone wearing a bright yellow shirt. Does your boat have a Johnson 90 on it(light brown/tan Crestliner)? We went over to Whispering Pines to get ice cream since it was hot with no wind and I saw that boat up on the lift. Looked like you guys must have went into town as I didn't see your truck. Anyway, the fish I saw were all deep, 26 feet or so. Same thing I was seeing on Otter Tail. The walleye on Otter Tail were all puny this year. The guide we talked to said he was having to catch about 75 Walleye just to get 20 that were big enough to keep. That's strange since last year there was a bunch in the 17-18" class.

I hope you guys had a good time. It really sucked driving back this morning. I wish I could stay up there the rest of the summer. Here's a video of my dad catching a 26" Walleye on Otter Tail with Meister's guide service. My Go Pro really makes the fish look small, but it was raining so damn much the whole time we were out I couldn't use any other camera.

Ha...yep....that was our boat and that bright yellow shirt was my dad's lucky "Wednesday" gear......the day in the rain was our best fishing day. Caught a ton of bigger ( 11-12") rock bass, which is fairly decent size for rock bass in Big Pine. Most don't keep them, but we do... I over on Ottertail Friday afternoon test running a Manitou Tri-toon. That is a big lake. I have driven by countless times, but have never been on the water. It would take a dummy like me forever to figure that lake out.

The shoreline that we run on the northeast side of Big Pine just didn't produce as much this year. Our best luck was in the cove just east of the public access... We took in a handful of keeper Walleye in that 8-10 ft of water..... also had big bites that took line twice on Friday morning (ol' fisherman's story).. I went through 3 different rods that morning. Didn't take the time to re-rig, just grabbed the next.

Agree... I could live up there during this time of year... Maybe we will catch up next year for a chat on the lake. We are headed back again for 2 weeks in mid-July if God willing. We always look forward to it. You mentioned that you were at Ottertail in June also. How many times a year do you get over there? And, that was a nice fish your dad brought in....everyone in boat was calm...heck, my teenage son would have been all over the place like a dang dog...lol

I try to get up there a few times a year. I'm also trying to make it up to Rainy 3 times this year. I wish the summer lasted longer; it's tough to get in all the fishing I want. I may be heading up to Big Pine next Sunday depending on how tired I am from my current business trip. A guy I know has a cabin on Big Pine and invited us up there. I have no idea where his cabin is.

The reason we're calm in the video is because we're all cold. My "rain gear" didn't work at all and I was soaked underneath. Same thing for my son.

z8oz.jpg

One of 2 baby sand sharks I caught last week.

Those are fun to catch when they are lots bigger but then they become a pain in the azz.

The first fish my 12 year old son caught when my brother took us fishing in the gulf was a large shark. It came up and before my brother could cut the line it broke the pole and was gone. My son stood there in shock. I laughed pretty hard.

z8oz.jpg

One of 2 baby sand sharks I caught last week.

Those are fun to catch when they are lots bigger but then they become a pain in the azz.

The first fish my 12 year old son caught when my brother took us fishing in the gulf was a large shark. It came up and before my brother could cut the line it broke the pole and was gone. My son stood there in shock. I laughed pretty hard.

My brother in law caught a larger shark that day and it took everything he had to get it to the boat and then it got off the line. Definitely a cool experience. My son was pretty amazed at the pictures we took.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pics from latest trip up north to the border on Rainy Lake near International Falls, MN. It was a hell of a lot more fun that watching the football game from what I gather.

Beanman with a 39.25" Pike

Beanman's brother with a 41.75" Pike

Beanman's brother with a 39.50" Pike

Beanman's friend with a 37" Pike

Beanman with a 39.25" Pike

Beanman's brother with a 38.75" Pike

I'll post some of my Go Pro videos later.

• Fire 4