RB Larenzo Stewart

Fowler ADS? What does this mean for London who is kind of an NU lean. And tv Williams definitely some rumblings out there that we have filled those spots now

Affects TV than Madre. This fills that slot/scat back type role that the staff really wanted Braylon to fill. Madre is more of the true TV for the class

I have concerns about this one. Call me a traditionalist, but his size really concerns me. Few reasons and I guess I shouldn't be. But I really feel Jamal Turner is going to BLOW UP this year. I'll say this with full confidence that if he has the year that I think he will, we may never see a slot WR better at NU. My thing is that then Jamal has a decision to make whether he stays or leaves for the NFL. Neither of our slot commits are ready to play BIG football their freshman year.

Stewart has not visited Lincoln yet (which coupd be a red flag), but I think he will be a more stable commit than Hall. He already got an up close look at what UT has to offer when he went to the Texas camp (and did not come away sold on what Mack has there). Plus, he told HOL he wants to get out of Texas for college. Music to my ears.

http://nebraska.riva...asp?CID=1522507

The 5-foot-6, 165 pound Stewart fits the style of running back NU is looking for in their 2014 signing class, as he rushed for 1,328 yards and 12 touchdowns as a junior, averaging 8.6 yards per carry.

8.6 will work.

I have concerns about this one. Call me a traditionalist, but his size really concerns me. Few reasons and I guess I shouldn't be. But I really feel Jamal Turner is going to BLOW UP this year. I'll say this with full confidence that if he has the year that I think he will, we may never see a slot WR better at NU. My thing is that then Jamal has a decision to make whether he stays or leaves for the NFL. Neither of our slot commits are ready to play BIG football their freshman year.

Yes and no. I think it's really only a concern if he was going to be an every-down RB. As a change-of-pace back or in the slot, I don't think it matters near as much as speed and shiftiness.

Tavon Austin was the #8 pick in the NFL draft at 5-9, 174. Danny Woodhead was 5-8, 180 lbs coming out of high school. Both those guys were a little bigger but not terribly so, especially if he puts on another 5-10 lbs in the next year.

Yes and no. I think it's really only a concern if he was going to be an every-down RB. As a change-of-pace back or in the slot, I don't think it matters near as much as speed and shiftiness.

Tavon Austin was the #8 pick in the NFL draft at 5-9, 174. Danny Woodhead was 5-8, 180 lbs coming out of high school. Both those guys were a little bigger but not terribly so, especially if he puts on another 5-10 lbs in the next year.

I get that. I really do and I think Pearson-El was probably our top priority at the slot this year. I do know that last spring when Belicheck was up here Beck learned an awful lot from him as to how to incorporate two TEs and players like this into our offense.

I understand that there are success stories about kids like Woodhead and Austin. However, not every 5ft6 150 pound kid is either of those guys.

All I am saying is that his size concerns me. A RS year where he works his butt off to get to 170 would erase those concerns.

I get that. I really do and I think Pearson-El was probably our top priority at the slot this year. I do know that last spring when Belicheck was up here Beck learned an awful lot from him as to how to incorporate two TEs and players like this into our offense.

I understand that there are success stories about kids like Woodhead and Austin. However, not every 5ft6 150 pound kid is either of those guys.

All I am saying is that his size concerns me. A RS year where he works his butt off to get to 170 would erase those concerns.

I agree that, all other things being equal, you'd rather have a bigger guy. But I don't think it matters as much the way it sounds like we're going to use him.

He's being reported at 165 by most sites. Don't think he's that undersized. Hes got a good 15 pounds on TV Williams.

It erases some of my worries if he truly is that big.

247 has him at 170. Probably the high end but it seems like the 165 range is pretty likely.

He's being reported at 165 by most sites. Don't think he's that undersized. Hes got a good 15 pounds on TV Williams.

It erases some of my worries if he truly is that big.

247 has him at 170. Probably the high end but it seems like the 165 range is pretty likely.

Watching the film, he definitely doesn't look like he plays at 165. Runs right through the middle and has no problem throwing off DT's and LB's, multiple times. I saw him put guys flat on their back in pass protection. He plays very physical, and I don't think the weight will be an issue at all.

I just don't think the Tavon Austin comparison is quite right ADS. Not trying to nitpick. To me Austin was a Wr. who was versatile enough to carry the ball. but Stewart is the opposite. A back who is versatile enough to line up wide and catch the ball. I see the comparison in terms of skill set but I think LS's body is going to develop a little differently. When you look at Austin's HS film he had kind of a lanky build (even though he was short) and just filled out like a WR. When you look at Stewart he is just thick. I think he is going to develop like one of those little bowling ball kind of running backs. Austin looked fragile at his HS playing weight. Stewart is solid.

I agree that, all other things being equal, you'd rather have a bigger guy. But I don't think it matters as much the way it sounds like we're going to use him.

Ya, it gets down to how they'll use him. No he isn't likely to be an every-down workhorse back but he doesn't need to be in order to be valuable. We have no reason to reach at this juncture. Beck obviously has a vision for the guy and I can certainly see finding use of a Danny Woodhead type. Also imagine he'd be a good return guy.

I just don't think the Tavon Austin comparison is quite right ADS. Not trying to nitpick. To me Austin was a Wr. who was versatile enough to carry the ball. but Stewart is the opposite. A back who is versatile enough to line up wide and catch the ball. I see the comparison in terms of skill set but I think LS's body is going to develop a little differently. When you look at Austin's HS film he had kind of a lanky build (even though he was short) and just filled out like a WR. When you look at Stewart he is just thick. I think he is going to develop like one of those little bowling ball kind of running backs. Austin looked fragile at his HS playing weight. Stewart is solid.

PORK CHOP!!!