The Fighting Erstads vs. The Wolverines of Michigan

I think they have had plenty of entertaining games this year. There have been a few runaways but overall they have been fairly scrappy. They have some issues and it's unfortunate that they lost Deleon right before this series and Hirsch earlier as that hurt quite a bit. I see Pierce is out as well. Pitching depth is an issue. Hopefully they can get some help next year with the new recruits. They will need to help as the offense won't be as good.

I truly believe we will be worse next year looking at the roster. It's just sad

I do not know what you are looking at! Fact #1 - we only had 2 Sr. who made an above average contribution to this team. Fact 2 - 7 So & 2 Fr. had serious playing time this year. Fact #4 - a new recruiting class (Erstad's second). Fact 4 - the main part of this team is young and they will get better.

The problem with this years team was due to the lack of meaningful contribution from this year's Sr. class.

I think they have had plenty of entertaining games this year. There have been a few runaways but overall they have been fairly scrappy. They have some issues and it's unfortunate that they lost Deleon right before this series and Hirsch earlier as that hurt quite a bit. I see Pierce is out as well. Pitching depth is an issue. Hopefully they can get some help next year with the new recruits. They will need to help as the offense won't be as good.

I truly believe we will be worse next year looking at the roster. It's just sad

I do not know what you are looking at! Fact #1 - we only had 2 Sr. who made an above average contribution to this team. Fact 2 - 7 So & 2 Fr. had serious playing time this year. Fact #4 - a new recruiting class (Erstad's second). Fact 4 - the main part of this team is young and they will get better.

The problem with this years team was due to the lack of meaningful contribution from this year's Sr. class.

We can have as many of those guys coming back but it won't matter. Look at the pitchers. We have one of the best batting teams. We can average 6 or more runs a game and still finish .500. Go back and look at the pitching roster. We will have a very similar record next year.

I second HuskerNC's post. If you would of told that Nebraska would have their number 1 pitcher out for a good part of the year, lose one of their power bats in Scheffert who plays an outstanding 3rd base, have Pritchard at less than 100% for the first part of the year, lose one of their long relievers for the year and then have their next number 1 pitcher shut down before the end of the year as well as another long reliever. I would of doubted that they would finish tied for 2nd and seeded 3rd going into the tourney.

In my opinion it was a good senior class. I would take Christensen, Rich, Kash, Scheffert and Peters back for next year in a heartbeat, and we could use all the pitching help we can find so we will miss the pitchers as well, but that's the way of things. Thanks to the Sr's for all their hard work and long travel. They had a tough schedule this year. Good luck in their careers on and off the field.

All the apologist here make me laugh while at the same time frustrate the h3ll out of me. The fact is this. We aren't the worst team in the B1G but we ARE the modt pathetic. Why? Because this team has a fan base that cares. A fan base that will support through all the ups and downs. A fan base that shows up in horrid conditions to give support and this team gives nothing back. Are you flippin kidding me? We won one... that's right JUST ONE home series in the BIG...... JUST FLIPPIN 1. If that's not pathetic with the fan support given then maybe I need to reconsider what the sporting definition of pathetic is. WE WON ONLY 1 FREAKING HOME SERIES (Northwestern). Good riddens seniors... Take your losing is acceptable attitudes with you when you leave... Who here thinks we can win 4 games in the tourney? I predict we win 1 (kubat's start) is it. These seniors don't care and really don't want to win.... let them punch their tickets and move on. Hopefully with their LOSING attitudes so Erstad and Co can start rebuilding with winners.

• Fire 1

Hacker, good post. I think your emphasis on the "losing" attitudes is key. I don't blame them for having that attitude necessarily but it certainly exists. They developed in their first couple years in the program in a certain culture that is not conducive to winning. So they possess the lack of fortitude and mental toughness not because they are mentally weak and incapable but because it was not instilled in them at the beginning. Their bad habits have continued with them into their junior and senior years and once they graduate, the new mold Erstad is trying to develop will be consistent throughout the entire team.

On the most important game of the year, yesterday, a game that would provide the chance to get a coveted bye in the conference tourny, look at how the seniors performed.

Neiderklein: 4 runs in 2 innings and it could have been a whole lot worse

Vogt: 6 runs in 1.1 innings

Peters: made a throwing error from 20 feet away on an easy, tailor-made double play ball that ends the inning after we just tied it up.

All the apologist here make me laugh while at the same time frustrate the h3ll out of me. The fact is this. We aren't the worst team in the B1G but we ARE the modt pathetic. Why? Because this team has a fan base that cares. A fan base that will support through all the ups and downs. A fan base that shows up in horrid conditions to give support and this team gives nothing back. Are you flippin kidding me? We won one... that's right JUST ONE home series in the BIG...... JUST FLIPPIN 1. If that's not pathetic with the fan support given then maybe I need to reconsider what the sporting definition of pathetic is. WE WON ONLY 1 FREAKING HOME SERIES (Northwestern). Good riddens seniors... Take your losing is acceptable attitudes with you when you leave... Who here thinks we can win 4 games in the tourney? I predict we win 1 (kubat's start) is it. These seniors don't care and really don't want to win.... let them punch their tickets and move on. Hopefully with their LOSING attitudes so Erstad and Co can start rebuilding with winners.

AMEN!

Now this has been the worst season in terms of relief pitchers. Our relievers sucked. Regardless of that we still have a chance to make the tournament and win the Big Ten tournament. I'm expecting it, but if we don't win the title let's win a few games and not go 1 and 2. Vogt was underwhelming this year. I have no idea what happened to him.

Now this has been the worst season in terms of relief pitchers. Our relievers sucked. Regardless of that we still have a chance to make the tournament and win the Big Ten tournament. I'm expecting it, but if we don't win the title let's win a few games and not go 1 and 2. Vogt was underwhelming this year. I have no idea what happened to him.

He probably felt the pressure of being the only proven long/middle relief guy, and years under Anderson seemed to have taught the team to press hard and make mistakes when the pressure's on, which is where Erstad's inexperience as a head coach may not be doing us a ton of favors in the short-term. Hopefully the recruiting process will just naturally purge that and Erstad will master the button-pushing process, but we have to wait a few (2) years and see.

Fine. let's Piss on the seniors. Let's piss on the coaches. Piss on anybody that doesn't win for us. Piss on them. Get new players. Get new coaches. We are the greatest fans in college. We deserve better. New players...if you don't win we will piss on you.

I'm out of here.

That was a little over the top, but it sounds like every fan base of every team. Win or gtfo

Wrong... flatwaterfan is sugar coating the season and not rationally seeing what others have. The players brought in by Erstad and Co. are simply better then what Anderson could bring in. Anderson and his arrogant, weasel like expressions and dishonest character left this team talentless.. I respect the seniors for coming back and trying but I will not pat them on the back and tell them lies. Chad is at best a AAA ball player (probably a AA tops). None of the senior pitching staff has even a chance in H3LL of seeing AA let alone AAA ball. There was a reason the writers and coaches had this team picked 4th to begin the season. They "KNEW" our talent sucked.

Saying goodbye, good riddens and good luck at the next level suggests they have a chance at the next level. THEY DON'T!!!

Husker's win Kubat's start and lose the rest... No Heart, No Talent, No desire, No focus and definetely, no hope of advancing so do us all the favor and end the season watching from the sidelines. Once the season ends it opens up room for young players that hopefully, if nothing else, have heart.

Fine. let's Piss on the seniors. Let's piss on the coaches. Piss on anybody that doesn't win for us. Piss on them. Get new players. Get new coaches. We are the greatest fans in college. We deserve better. New players...if you don't win we will piss on you.

I'm out of here.

It has nothing to do with losing, but showing up to play. Listen to the coach! He said that the style of play is not where it needs to be and the young players have not had a chance to develop. We do not have depth and the injuries caused a bigger problem because of this. He is referring to hard nose baseball, something Anderson knew nothing about and these Sr. are too use to going through the motions. Too inconsistent all year

Wrong... flatwaterfan is sugar coating the season and not rationally seeing what others have. The players brought in by Erstad and Co. are simply better then what Anderson could bring in. Anderson and his arrogant, weasel like expressions and dishonest character left this team talentless.. I respect the seniors for coming back and trying but I will not pat them on the back and tell them lies. Chad is at best a AAA ball player (probably a AA tops). None of the senior pitching staff has even a chance in H3LL of seeing AA let alone AAA ball. There was a reason the writers and coaches had this team picked 4th to begin the season. They "KNEW" our talent sucked.

Saying goodbye, good riddens and good luck at the next level suggests they have a chance at the next level. THEY DON'T!!!

Husker's win Kubat's start and lose the rest... No Heart, No Talent, No desire, No focus and definetely, no hope of advancing so do us all the favor and end the season watching from the sidelines. Once the season ends it opens up room for young players that hopefully, if nothing else, have heart.

You don't say good riddance (or riddens...) to your players. They are kids, doing their best. If you have to be a raging jackass then aim it at the coaching staff.