The Fighting Erstads at the Big Ten Tournament

Edit - And we really didn't take advantage of all the runners in scoring position throughout the game. Shouldn't have been in that position at the end in the first place.

OSU has good pitching that can work around jams. That's what separates them from us right now. Vogt blew two games against them this season that we ended up losing by 1 run (Kildow with an assist today) :dunno

I believe we are all a little upset on how this team finds ways to lose but I feel pretty good that we played well yesterday! No reason to be negative about this club because we all knew our pitching has been suspect at best and yet even with that and a less than 500 record, we are in the B1G tournament and being competitive. I hope our boy's come out today and from this day forward { however long the remaining season last} and plays loose and just has fun with it. Who knows, maybe just maybe we ~~~

GBR!

• Fire 1

Edit - And we really didn't take advantage of all the runners in scoring position throughout the game. Shouldn't have been in that position at the end in the first place.

OSU has good pitching that can work around jams. That's what separates them from us right now. Vogt blew two games against them this season that we ended up losing by 1 run (Kildow with an assist today) :dunno

Yeah, no question credit goes to OSU for being able to pitch themselves out of trouble. Still, we helped them out by getting plenty of bats on the ball that ended up being line outs, etc. At the same time they were pitching well, our hitters were just enough off to let their scoring chances turn into outs. And Vogt was definitely disappointing when the pressure was on and he had to throw strikes.

Edit - Oh, and OSU fielded themselves out of trouble a fair bit, too. They robbed us of a few that way, but then again, so did our fielding rob them a couple times.

Lol... another loss, not that surprising tbh.

A lot more surprising than your response, that's for sure.

LOL, HuskerHacker reminds me of Charlie Brown ~ "I got a rock" :rollin

jk huskerhacker, I don't know you and should not judge!

But cheer up man!

I am cheery :)

Just removed the rose colored glasses... Never did I think the cupboards were this bare but we are seeing exactly how bare they were. Mike Anderson ruined the program and the players that were willing to play for him, well.... it was more that NU was the only D1 offers me thinks.

The question is, would you rather see us lose to Minnesota now (going 2x2 with them on the season) or win and then get beat by tOSU for a 4th time this year? Face it, we can't beat either Indiana or tOSU especially on the road and without a proven starter.

I could see you've never played or coached baseball...

• Fire 1