DT Abu Lamin [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

UCLA should've been a night-game and huge recruiting opportunity. With our other big games being in November we're boned.

I have a feeling it will only get worse next year, thank you B1G.

I thought protocol was to blame Obama for everything...?

More important than the time the game is played is winning. Just win baby! We do that and it don't matter what time we play recruits will start falling into place.

UCLA should've been a night-game and huge recruiting opportunity. With our other big games being in November we're boned.
I have a feeling it will only get worse next year, thank you B1G.
I thought protocol was to blame Obama for everything...?
More important than the time the game is played is winning. Just win baby! We do that and it don't matter what time we play recruits will start falling into place.

Ya i agree. Who gives a damn what time it is as long as you win! Recruits will follow succesful BCS programs more so than primetime games. I guess what Im trying to say is if we keep winning and go to Michigan undefeated that will impress recruits more than ESPN/ABC/FOX game of the week.... by the way I believe kickoff is at 9AM UCLA time

Has taken OVs to Florida and South Carolina. Is set to go to Arkansas July 19 and wants to use another OV here. Thinks that might be all he has time for this summer.

He said Florida was the nicest campus he's been to by far but South Carolina felt more like home. He has the best relationships built over time with Arkansas and seemed pretty excited to get up there soon. He is also very excited about Nebraska. He knows about all the guys that have come from Fort Scott and gone there. He says he plans on visiting us 3-4 weeks from now if he can find a ride.

This is just my two cents... but here's my take... he didn't think South Carolina's facilities were very nice after seeing Florida. I think he's going to see ours and think they're just as nice as Florida. He is about to go to Arkansas and visit them, and I've been there... it's nothing impressive. They won't win a lot this year. They can't fill the stadium and when they do play the big teams and fill it, their fans leave by half time if they're down. I really think that we have a shot here if we can get him on campus. He's not going to be taking OV's during the season because at the JUCO level all their games are on Saturdays and he doesn't seem to have transportation to drive by himself. So I really think We will be in the final 3 and it will be a close race. He said himself there's a good chance he doesn't get out to see Georgia or some of the others that have offered him from the SEC. And he is from North Carolina and has already lived way away from home for a couple years.

Call me crazy but I think IF we get him on campus... we have a good shot.

We had 51,000 for our spring game this year

I really have no idea where Lamin will end up. It seems like he has a different leader every week...whoever gets him will get a really good player though. My guess would be south carolina unless we really impress this weekend.

Abu Lamin @Im_SelfMade26 10h

My Top 6 is: South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn and Nebraska #STRONG6

Lamin already visited Arkansas, Georgia, and South Carolina. Has a visit scheduled to Tennessee next month. Still hoping for an official, us vs Auburn for next week.

More telling sign is we just offered another DT...IMOP

If the new offer was a JUCO then I think it would be telling about Amin, but either way I don't like our chances here. Need to get Pelon in and close.

It would be foolish to disagree. To me, it seems a little more than a coincidence we offer a new kid the same time there is an update on him. It sounds like the "nice guy" lip service of a kid who has a hard time saying no. Especially how hard we're trying, plus maybe even his coach, if he still has strong ties with Bo/NEB.