DT Abu Lamin [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

So, why are we waiting to offer Claude Pelon from Mesa CC? He is an aggressive and athlete DT who wants an offer from NU (would put Nebraska near the top if his list), and DT is a position we really need help at. Are we waiting on Lamin? Would we take two JUCO DTs?

This article describes how highly sought a NU offer is to Pelon. http://floridastate....asp?CID=1509918

Grades, we are waiting to see where he stands.

So, why are we waiting to offer Claude Pelon from Mesa CC? He is an aggressive and athlete DT who wants an offer from NU (would put Nebraska near the top if his list), and DT is a position we really need help at. Are we waiting on Lamin? Would we take two JUCO DTs?

This article describes how highly sought a NU offer is to Pelon. http://floridastate....asp?CID=1509918

Is he taking summer courses that Nebraska is waiting on? What about the second question. Do you think NU would take two JUCO DT in this class?

Is he taking summer courses that Nebraska is waiting on? What about the second question. Do you think NU would take two JUCO DT in this class?

Not sure about summer classes, and no.

If he is not taking summer courses, he would have to wait until December to get grades from the classes he will take in the fall. So, if Nebraska is waiting to offer because of a GPA issue, it would seem that Pelon would be on the hook for the entire fall semester before ever getting an offer. He is being projected as one of the best JUCO DT this class. I don't think he will hang around until December waiting for that offer. Not when he already holds 12 offers, and that number looks to rise.

Though if Lamin commits, and what you think is correct, Nebraska doesn't need two JUCO DT anyway.

So, why are we waiting to offer Claude Pelon from Mesa CC? He is an aggressive and athlete DT who wants an offer from NU (would put Nebraska near the top if his list), and DT is a position we really need help at. Are we waiting on Lamin? Would we take two JUCO DTs? This article describes how highly sought a NU offer is to Pelon. http://floridastate....asp?CID=1509918
If he is not taking summer courses, he would have to wait until December to get grades from the classes he will take in the fall. So, if Nebraska is waiting to offer because of a GPA issue, it would seem that Pelon would be on the hook for the entire fall semester before ever getting an offer. He is being projected as one of the best JUCO DT this class. I don't think he will hang around until December waiting for that offer. Not when he already holds 12 offers, and that number looks to rise. Though if Lamin commits, and what you think is correct, Nebraska doesn't need two JUCO DT anyway.

You may be right about Summer courses, I just saw on RSS that we were waiting to see where he stood academically before we offered him. Which prob means we are waiting to see if he can graduate early in Decmeber to be here for Spring ball next year.

With Lamin coming for BRW I bet they give it a few weeks to judge his interest level and then offer Pelon. From the Sam Mckewon article quote I think he may be leaning to SC, but a visit can change that. Would hate to miss on both.

As usual the coaches have a plan. Lavon Hooks didn't burst on the scene til late last year, they got it figured out. Just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

With Lamin coming for BRW I bet they give it a few weeks to judge his interest level and then offer Pelon. From the Sam Mckewon article quote I think he may be leaning to SC, but a visit can change that. Would hate to miss on both.

As usual the coaches have a plan. Lavon Hooks didn't burst on the scene til late last year, they got it figured out. Just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

It's a tough call to make with Pelon seeming so interested. Ya I'd imagine we'll try to close on Amin at BRW or shortly after, if he's still up in the air a month from now Pelon will have an offer.

No longer such a tough call on Pelon. Amin cancelled for BRW, is taking an official to Florida. Maybe we still get him to visit but I'm far from optimistic. Not sure we can afford to wait much longer to be sure he's a Dec grad before offering Pelon.

Abu Lamin@Im_SelfMade26

Got an official visit to Florida June 14-16 #Blessed

That's a some crafty recruiting by FL. So, why have we not offered an official visit?

Mike Schaefer @mikejschaefer

Already booked a great Thursday #BlueChipRecruitingShow for the week. Abu Lamin and Tony James are talking #Nebraska #HuskerBRW on @ESPN1480

Looking forward to the show this week. We will be able to hear directly from Lamin where NU stands.

Lamin tweeted:

Abu Lamin ‏@Im_SelfMade26

I will NOT be visiting Nebraska in June my ride situation messed up and he had to go out of town so Florida is bringing me up on a official

Also,

Abu Lamin ‏@Im_SelfMade26

Sorry Nebraska fans hopefully they can get me up there on a official visit during the season! #BlackShirt

Someone should have offered to pick him up! :)