DT Abu Lamin [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

According to Mike Schaefer, Lamin will not make an unofficial visit this July. Lamin said he has a friend from Nebraska that will drive him up this fall.

Guess I am still confused why he is talking about an unofficial. If he wants to come, let's make it an official so it will be paid for and his travel arrangements will be easier to plan.

According to Mike Schaefer, Lamin will not make an unofficial visit this July. Lamin said he has a friend from Nebraska that will drive him up this fall.

Guess I am still confused why he is talking about an unofficial. If he wants to come, let's make it an official so it will be paid for and his travel arrangements will be easier to plan.

He might be wanting to use his OV on schools that are farther away (SEC schools) and figures he is close enough to Nebraska that he can just catch a ride with somebody.

He might be wanting to use his OV on schools that are farther away (SEC schools) and figures he is close enough to Nebraska that he can just catch a ride with somebody.

Yeah, that makes sense for Lamin, but why is the staff not pushing more for an official? Gets him to campus, and as you mentioned, makes it harder for him to visit other schools.

Maybe, I am just being impatient. The staff has been working hard for this one. I'm sure they are working every angle.

Yeah, that makes sense for Lamin, but why is the staff not pushing more for an official? Gets him to campus, and as you mentioned, makes it harder for him to visit other schools.

Maybe, I am just being impatient. The staff has been working hard for this one. I'm sure they are working every angle.

He really can't fly up here, so I'm not sure how he can get here other than driving. Not sure how that works as far as paying for the trip. I'm sure they will pay for everything once he gets here. So I think it's location more than anything, doesn't matter I don't see him coming. IMO we don't even get a visit.

Nu-bo, staff can push all they want, but it takes two to tango when it comes to visits. It always its gonna be in the recruits corner on when and how exited/quickly that visit happens. If you don't think the staff us pushing and encouraging this to happen sooner rather than later well.........

Nu-bo, staff can push all they want, but it takes two to tango when it comes to visits. It always its gonna be in the recruits corner on when and how exited/quickly that visit happens. If you don't think the staff us pushing and encouraging this to happen sooner rather than later well.........

Yeah, you are right. Like I said, I am just a little impatient waiting to see if Lamin will visit because he has good potential for a position we really need and keeps talking about the upsides of being coached by this staff. He might be just shining us on, but I am willing to keep hope alive until he says he is ruling out Nebraska.

I think not having a big prime time match-up this year hurts us here. You would have to think that if we were playing tOSU or Michigan or even Wisky at home this year Lamin would at least want to come on an official to watch a great game. Then who knows once he sees what we have to offer. We are going to struggle to get at least some recruits here for this reason alone this year.

I think not having a big prime time match-up this year hurts us here. You would have to think that if we were playing tOSU or Michigan or even Wisky at home this year Lamin would at least want to come on an official to watch a great game. Then who knows once he sees what we have to offer. We are going to struggle to get at least some recruits here for this reason alone this year.

Interesting point. I hadn't considered that angle with recruiting.