Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

What I find comical is how Fox News and Conservatives blame Obama for website problems. Like he is sitting there writing code to make it work.

The discord between desperately wanting the law to fail while feigning outrage about the early struggles is pretty funny too.

Too few people signing up?! Outrage! Too many people signing up?! Outrage!

What I find comical is how Fox News and Conservatives blame Obama for website problems. Like he is sitting there writing code to make it work.

Well to be fair he gets blamed for everything no matter if he has control of it or not. The same as every sitting President in history.

Well to be fair he gets blamed for everything no matter if he has control of it or not. The same as every sitting President in history.

True. But a website failure? I would be curious what other president was blamed for something similar to this.

Yep. Same as it ever was.

True. But a website failure? I would be curious what other president was blamed for something similar to this.

It was even funnier when some were saying that a private company could have done the code properly when in fact a private company was hired to do the job.

Stewart took a little jab the other night when he had Nate Silver on pimping his new website. Silver said they were still trying to get things figured out, and Jon said something to the effect of you're telling me it's been up a week and a half and it's not perfect yet?

A new political science paper by Matt Grossman and David Hopkins bears out this way of thinking about American politics. The authors find a fundamental asymmetry between the Republican and Democratic coalitions. They examined survey results and other data among voters, activists, and elites, and found that Republicans express their beliefs about government as abstract ideology (big government is bad) while Democrats express their beliefs in the form of benefits for groups. The differences are enormous:

a_560x375.jpg

Uh, wow. This is pretty telling