SIGNED TE Freedom Akinmoladun

I like this kid a lot for our team at TE or DE. He brings a lot of skills that could translate into a couple different positions depending on where we need him. Somebody from Rivals was saying Missouri came to see him and told his coach he is already better than Aldon Smith was at that age. We need this guy on our team!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Nebraska is in great shape for Akinmoladun. Nebraska has been there from the start and has a strong relationship with him and his family. He has Nebraska and Kansas St standing out in his top group, and looking for a third for a top 3. He will be visiting Iowa the day after BRW and Arkansas in July, so one of these two make make his top 3. He wants to commit somewhere in August.

Why does this guy have zero stars from all the scouting sites??? He seems to be very aggressive and has good skills.

There are a couple of things that can keep a player from being NR:

- Not enough film

- Didn't attend camps

- Late bloomer

-Rivals/Scout hate America

They especially hate Nebraska

For the past couple recruiting classes we've had a lot of success recruiting in Missouri

They've got a ton of talent down there.

Compared to Nebraska and the other states around us they do anyway.

I believe Freedom was actually born in Omaha. With a brother and cousin in the area I'm liking our chances.

At first I was hoping this kid would be a D-end for us but after watching his film I am 100% ok with this kid staying at tight end. I think he could be an All-American there. I know that is a stretch from just watching a highlight tape, but dang, this kid is raw and he is still dominating. He has so much upside!