SIGNED TE Freedom Akinmoladun

Kid is a freak! I really like our chances with Freedom.

There is a big Polynesian there at Grandview by the name of Apa Visinia that KU just offered that is someone to keep a eye on. Kid is enormous and is like 6'5", 360-pounds right now but use to be bigger. Kid can actually move very well for his size. Probably someone schools want him to get down to at least 330-pound range.

Coach told him to hold off to make sure he didn't want to take any officials during the season, and to make sure he's 100%

I'm okay with this.

I still think we get him in the end, but he shouldn't rush if he is not ready.

Agreed. But from what I read, I think he is ready.

As fans, we really don't have any clue what the true feelings are of a recruit and what the coaches say to them.

But, a number of times I have heard someone say a recruit is ready to commit but the coaches tell them to go home and think about it. If this is true, honestly, I don't get it. As competitive as recruiting is, why would you want a prize recruit to go home and think about it more if he ready to commit.

That's like my wife telling me to take her to bed on a Saturday night and I say..."Honey...now...I want you to step back and think about this more before you commit to this.".......just doesn't make much sense.

I think this is our silent commit. Not TV

What do you think our chances on TV are then EZ-E? Feel free to answer this in TV's thread

Very good.

We shouldn't give up on anyone who is going to UK Either.

• Fire 1

As fans, we really don't have any clue what the true feelings are of a recruit and what the coaches say to them.

But, a number of times I have heard someone say a recruit is ready to commit but the coaches tell them to go home and think about it. If this is true, honestly, I don't get it. As competitive as recruiting is, why would you want a prize recruit to go home and think about it more if he ready to commit.

That's like my wife telling me to take her to bed on a Saturday night and I say..."Honey...now...I want you to step back and think about this more before you commit to this.".......just doesn't make much sense.

That is an interesting analogy. But perhaps it is a bit maladroitly nuanced as a fair comparison. If the coaches are indeed advocating what some are suggesting in terms of thinking it over for a while, it seems their sense of a secure long term relationship is worth the trouble of delayed gratification. (not having to worry about decomits through the signing period.) Whereas you are advocating the primordial male response that a bird in the hand is preferable to a bird in the "bush".

I can see both sides. If the player really has his mind made up, it seems a little presumptuous for the coach to step in. That being said, I'm sure the coach has seen more than one 17 year old kid who thought they had it all figured out only to find out differently down the road.

I guess I should have been more clear, it was his coach that told him to make sure he didn't want to take officials this fall, not ours. I'm ok with it as long as he's not trying to steer him to Mizzou by getting him to take his time.